Change order of post snippets shortcode

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Invent Theme Support Change order of post snippets shortcode

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Marilyn Crofts
    Participant

Is it possible to change the order of the post snippets shortcode? It seems the defult is set to ASC, and I need it to be DESC.
    I really don’t want to use the manual post types order plugin to re-order hundreds of blog pieces, because it will take a very long time and also mess up the functionality of other widgets/shortcodes on the site.

For instance, I would like to change the “Latest” tab on this page so that they are in the latest order (at the moment it shows the oldest post! http://zing365stage.wpengine.com/communication-skills/communicating-face-to-face/

Veena

You can see an option to set ascending/descending in the widget itself.

Marilyn Crofts
    Participant

There isn’t an option in the shortcode to select this. Its not a widget I am using – its a shortcode.

Veena

Ok can you make a small code change in the file framework/functions/post-functions.php file at line number 687 to

$query_args['order'] = 'DESC';

and add enable_sorting=true to post snippets shortcode.

Marilyn Crofts
    Participant

thank you, however this doesn’t appear to have changed anything

Veena

Pls ensure you activated this plugin -https://wordpress.org/plugins/post-types-order/

Marilyn Crofts
    Participant

It is activated

Raghavendra

Can you pls check the posts grid widget in Siteorigin page builder, part of the PRO version you have purchased? There are several options in the Build Query including one for specifying the order of posts.

Raghavendra

Can you pls check the posts grid widget in Siteorigin page builder, part of the PRO version you have purchased? There are several options in the Build Query including one for specifying the order of posts.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Invent Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.