Blog Shortcodes

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Terese

Hi!

First of all, thank you for a lovely theme!

I am developing a website for a CrossFit Centre of a friend of mine and I am having a bit of a trouble with blog shortcodes – in columns – in a page section. http://ny.crossfitsolid.se/

What am I doing wrong? Why are my columns lacking space to the right and the left?

I would also like to:

1) Have a background color with a specific category
    2) Show the “original” blog posts – not the excerpts

Would that be possible?

Kind regards,

/Terese

Ernesto

Hi,
    Could you send us the shortcode you’re using for the blog so we can take a look at it?

Terese

Hi,

I wrote it like this:

[divider_space]

[four_col]
    <h2>WOD</h2>
    [category_posts category_slugs=”wod” show_meta=”true” hide_thumbnail=”true” excerpt_count=200 post_count=1]
    [/four_col]

[eight_col_last]
    <h2>Aktuellt</h2>
    [category_posts category_slugs=”aktuellt” show_meta=”true” excerpt_count=200 image_size=”medium” post_count=1]
    [/eight_col_last]

[divider_space]

Cheers! /Terese

Terese

Hi again, was this a tricky one? Just waiting around, quite curious, because if it cannot be resolved I need to restart work with another theme, and I prefer not to, because I really like the performance of Agile so far! 🙂

Best regards,

/Terese

Ernesto

Hi, sorry for the delay. From what I can see, you can solve your first question applying the following code in the Custom CSS Section of your Theme Options Panel.

.fourcol {padding-left: 2%; width: 28%}
    .eightcol last {padding-right: 2%; width: 50%}

For the back ground color, you can use followin CSS code:

.post-52 {background-color: yurdesiredcolor}

With the exceprts, what you’ll need to do is go to your theme package, to the folder framework>functions and in the file post-functions.php look for line 396 and replace this code:

$output .= $excerpt_text;

with this code:
    $output .= get_the_content();

Hope that works out for you!

Nexus

You can also wrap the content with the [segment] shortcode like this

[segment]
    [four_col]

WOD

[category_posts category_slugs="wod" show_meta="true" hide_thumbnail="true" excerpt_count=200 post_count=1] [/four_col] [eight_col_last]

Aktuellt

[category_posts category_slugs="aktuellt" show_meta="true" excerpt_count=200 image_size="medium" post_count=1] [/eight_col_last] [/segment]

Hope that helps.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Agile Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.