Blog Page somehow bigger? Especially Featured Images

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Invent Theme Support Blog Page somehow bigger? Especially Featured Images

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    ryuseirecca

Hello,

I receive a warning that blogs page at Kanaan child site (kanaan.sch.id/jakarta/whatson) is bigger than usual especially featured image, it can be full page depends on image’s size. Before that I installed Cache Enabler – WordPress Cache pluggin. Could it be caused the error?

Note: this happened to all child site, not only Jakarta’s

Thank you very much

Veena

Can you pls disable that plugin and see if that makes any change or not ?

ryuseirecca

I’ve disabled it yesterday but I didn’t see any changes a few minutes ago

Veena

Can you share a temp login to your site as a private msg?

ryuseirecca
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Veena

I don’t see any warning regarding featured images .
    You can try the below custom CSS to make image size smaller-

.blog .image-area {
        width: 60%;
    }

ryuseirecca

[quote quote=24340]I don’t see any warning regarding featured images .
    You can try the below custom CSS to make image size smaller-

.blog .image-area {
        width: 60%;
    }

[/quote]

it didn’t help I am sorry…

Veena

Exactly where you are seeing the error ? Can you pls explain briefly?

ryuseirecca

My site is kanaan.sch.id and at every child-site/whatson (Blog’s page) except at mobile view, the “box” (post snippets?) & featured images are bigger than usual. If admin set featured image with large size image, image size at the page will still in actual size so it can be a full monitor just for featured image. I’ve deactivated (and deleted) the plugin that I suspect been the cause of error and delete the changes by the plugin at htaccess file but the error still.

Veena

I think the issue is related to your image dimension..
    Can you pls try to upload images having same aspect ratio as that of our demo blog page images? And remove the custom CSS which i have suggested earlier and see if that makes any difference.

ryuseirecca

it didn’t work. As far as I know, the featured image should be resized automatically by WP regardless original size.

Raghavendra

I think the theme is doing the right thing by displaying the entire image – at least in this case this is the right thing to do because cropping it may make the text in the image meaningless. The image aspect ratio is such that it is rendered this way – it is essentially a vertical image with lots of text in it and hence auto cropping will not produce desirable results.

I would suggest you manually crop the image and upload the same to the server and set the same on featured image. You can always display the entire image in the single post. Hope this makes sense.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Invent Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.