Additional Portfolio(s)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    direwolfi

Is there a way to add an additional portfolio (say one for your photography, and one for your illustrations) to the Squash theme?

Thanks!

~Louis

livemesh
    Keymaster

I guess you mean additional pages. You can always add portfolio items of various categories (illustrations, photography etc.) and then display them all in the portfolio pages currently. If you need to create additional portfolio pages dedicated to certain categories only, add a regular of template “One Column No sidebars” page and use the use the shortcode

[show_post_snippets post_type="portfolio" number_of_columns=4 post_count=8 image_size="small" taxonamy= 'portfolio_category' terms='illustrations'] 

Replace terms with your desired category like photography etc. You will just need to have the appropriate category set when you add a new portfolio. Hope this helps.

direwolfi

So if I want a secondary or tertiary portfolio pages would add a page that’s one column and no side bar. Where would I place the short code? In a CSS file?

How about if I wanted to use a single portfolio, is there a way that when someone clicks on an image on the home page, it would bring you to the portfolio page with a category applied?

Thanks so much for your help
    ~Louis

livemesh
    Keymaster

You would just place this shortcode into visual editor of WordPress just like your regular content part of a page/post in WordPress. You should find numerous such shortcodes in the content of many pages if you have sample data loaded. If you have not done so, I would strongly advise you to do so, spend a few hours of time understanding the theme structure to get a head start on your site.

In the home page, you can just paste the same shortcode into the content and the user should be able to navigate to your portfolio directly from there. Again, I hope I am getting your question right here.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Squash Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.