Adding a new header

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Antonio Scotti
    Participant

Hi
    I’d like to add a new header right below the header where the logo is stored and where to also include the page menu, instead of having the site menu in the same header as where the logo is. So the result would be that both the logo and the menu sit on different headers
    Please see attached image.
    Also how can I replicate this structure automatically in all pages? I guess there should be a config place where I can set up structural items, like adding up a new header to the site, so that all the pages (new and old) inherit this new setting/property upon creation/display, but can’t find it….
    Best regards
    Antonio

Raghavendra

You need to override the header.php of the theme in your child theme and add the HTML/code for the additional header.

Antonio Scotti
    Participant

Thanks.
    Do you have pointers to examples for doing this?
    Alternatively would using a plugin like Elementor plugin or other similar plugins?
    Best regards

Raghavendra

You can create a siteorigin page builder row below the header and then drag and drop the widgets you need, including the widget named ‘Navigation Menu’. It is almost the same as using a page builder like Elementor.

Antonio Scotti
    Participant

Thank you for your suggestion
    When I use the siteOrigin builder, I can’t see any way to add a row just between the header where the logo is and the slider. I can only create a new header in a sidebar’s header, which is not what I mean to doing (all the site origin widgets are on display in the Widgets section of the Appearance menu, and there is no (site wide) Header widget there that I can use. As far as I can see all the widgets there can be deployed only inside sidebars (see image)
    Regards

[attachment file=32091]

Antonio Scotti
    Participant

And here is how my Appearance -> Customize appears to be like:

[attachment file=32097]

As you can see there is no customization interface that deals with the header
    But this is what I found in SiteOrigin docs. They actually allow this to be done, but apparently I can’t customize my header within Peak theme or is just that I don’t know where to look for it?

[attachment file=32095]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Peak Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.