Add user account links next to cart icon

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Extinct Theme Support Add user account links next to cart icon

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    frephraim

I need to add links to the left of the WooCommerce cart icon to either login/register, or link to the user’s account if already logged in. Here’s a PHP snippet that might work, but I don’t know where to include the code.

<?php if ( is_user_logged_in() ) { ?>
     	<a href="<?php echo get_permalink( get_option('woocommerce_myaccount_page_id') ); ?>" title="<?php _e('My Account','woothemes'); ?>"><?php _e('My Account','woothemes'); ?></a>
     <?php } 
     else { ?>
     	<a href="<?php echo get_permalink( get_option('woocommerce_myaccount_page_id') ); ?>" title="<?php _e('Login / Register','woothemes'); ?>"><?php _e('Login / Register','woothemes'); ?></a>
     <?php } ?>
    Raghavendra

You can try inserting the same into header.php file where the menu , logo are being shown. That would be the easiest way to go about it.

frephraim

OK, that worked as far as getting it into the header, but it just appears in a random place and is not styled at all, or anything…

Raghavendra

If you post the link as a private message here, I can suggest some custom CSS styling to make that look better.

frephraim

Well, I actually decided to put it somewhere else on the site, but here’s a related problem: on screens with a mobile menu, the cart button pushes the menu box down so that it covers the site logo:

http://snag.gy/SIf1l.jpg

Also, the site logo does not resize responsively on Internet Explorer as it does on Chrome/Safari.

Veena

Pls give the link of your site as a private message so that i can suggest the required changes.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Extinct Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.