Woocommerce Shop and Products pages

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Fusion Theme Support Woocommerce Shop and Products pages

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kathfergkathferg
    Participant

Hi, I’m using the Fusion theme and have installed Woocommerce. I’ve set up three single product pages and a Shop page to display all three products. However, when I preview the Shop page it has a formatting all its own and I don’t know where to look in order to make changes (see attached screen1.png):

1. When the Shop page is displayed, the title says “Products” and below that “this is where you add products to your store”. How can I get rid of this an replace it with something else?

2. How can I replace the title background with another image?

3. The page title “Shop” appears in the area below the title background. (Page titles usually appear in the title background, so this is weird.) Can I eliminate it?

4. A sidebar appears on the right side of the page. I’d like to replace that with the Woocommerce side bar that I’ve placed in the Single Product pages using WooCommerce Sidebars plugin.

5. When I click on a product, it takes me to the product’s page. Here, the title appears in both the title background as well as next to the featured image. How can I replace or eliminate one or both?

Thank you so much!

Attachments:
    Kathfergkathferg
    Participant

Hi, any help with Woocommerce plugin?

RaghavendraRaghavendra

Sorry about the delay. Will get back to you in a few hours time. Thanks for your patience.

Kathfergkathferg
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    RaghavendraRaghavendra

Sorry for keeping you waiting. The questions seem more along the lines of customizations for woocommerce plugin than theme issue. And the theme does not integrate with WooCommerce and accordingly priced.

Anyway, I did do some investigation and here are the answers. I would suggest you hire someone to make the shop look and feel close what you need to achieve.

1) Removing ‘This is where you can add new products to your store..’. To change it, looks like you need to translation function of the plugin. Pls use POEdit to edit the translation file en_US.po located in woocommerce/i18n/languages folder. Or to hide it use Custom CSS –

.post-type-archive-product .loop-description { display: none; }

2) Pls use CSS like this –

.post-type-archive-product #title-area {=
        background-image: url('http://mydomain.com/wp32dev/fusion/wp-content/uploads/sites/12/2015/05/slide21.jpg');
        background-size: cover;
    }

3) There are better ways but much more involved but here is the easy way –

.post-type-archive-product .page-title { display: none; }

4) Does this plugin help?

https://wordpress.org/plugins/woosidebars/

5) Pls use Custom CSS in theme options –

.single-product #title-area { display: none; }

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.