WooCommerce – product review form not working

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Extinct Theme Support WooCommerce – product review form not working

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    greglr
    Participant

Hello
    The review form in product page does not work properly: the name and email fields are not indicated and the star rating is not possible. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks.
    Greg.

Nexus

Pls reply as a private message here with the site URL and a temporary login to the WordPress dashboard and I can take a look. Thanks!

greglr
    Participant

I develope my site with Instant WordPress so is not on line yet, but my product review form look exactly the same than the site demo: the star rating and name fields are missing, compare with a theme from WooThemes.

Raghavendra

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. This was due to the overriding the default comment form that we were trying to do in our theme. Have made the fix and will be part of next update. Meanwhile, to resolve this pls do the following –

1) Comment out the lines or delete them from {theme folder}/framework/extensions/framework-extender.php at line numbers 67, 75 and 77. The following lines should get deleted specifically.

/* Filter the comment form defaults. */
                add_filter('comment_form_defaults', array(&$this, 'set_comment_form_args'), 11);

add_filter('comment_form_default_fields', array(&$this, 'mo_comment_form_fields'));

add_filter('comment_form_field_comment', array(&$this, 'mo_comment_form_field_comment'));

2) Input the following Custom CSS in the theme options panel Custom CSS tab –

#commentform input[type="text"] {
        float: none;
    }
    #commentform label {
        display: inline;
        }

greglr
    Participant

Thanks for the update. I also report to you few points that I noticed:
    -Sorting drop-down menu on shop page does not display properly on IE8 (screenshot1).
    -Heading options are not possible on shop page.
    -Add a side bar does not seem to be possible on shop page (and others shop archives like product category page, product tag page and product attribute page). I would be interested in to display some text links and maybe use the WooCommerce layered nav widget.

In others hands I have some difficulties to theme the product attribute page. Here is what I did : I copied woocommerce/templates/taxonomy-product_cat.php file into my theme folder and renamed it like this : taxonomy-pa_my-attribute. But it looks like I missed something because the products don’t display like the category page. I attache a screenshot (sreenshot2) and hope you could find what’s wrong.

greglr
    Participant

The update to WooCommerce 2.1 remove again names fields in product review form and create a new issue with star rating, displaying info under the title of single product page (see screenshot3 in attached file).

Update : the solving of the issue about sorting drop-down menu with IE8 (reported above) is no longer necessary, due to the non-compatibily of WooCommerce 2.1 with IE8.

Raghavendra

Greg,

I tested on my installation the change I suggested and also applied the same fix to one of our recently updated Agile (see an example here – https://www.livemeshthemes.com/agile/product/woo-album-4/) and I cannot reproduce the issue. Can you pls move to an online server so that we can resolve these issues. Sorry for the delay in replying – we were moving our servers this week which took us little longer than expected.

As far as IE8 issues are concerned, my opinion is that we can develop the site first for the more modern browsers and then when done with the site, we can focus on getting things to work or at least look better on IE8. Many of the IE8 issues have similar pattern and similar solution and hence it is easy to take them all at once by having a separate stylesheet for the same. Hope I am making sense.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Extinct Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.