White space below footer when using tabs

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Elementor Addons Support White space below footer when using tabs

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    James Manning
    Participant

Hello,

We’ve implemented the tabs on a test page on a client website and we now have a lot of white space below the footer of the page. See below for an example…

https://www.caravansinthesun.com/en/test-page/

Any ideas as to why this might be happening and how we can fix it?

TIA

Raghavendra

Probably because of the current direct widget on the right? Otherwise I don’t see much of a space at the bottom.

James Manning
    Participant

Hi,

The white space is below the footer when you move to another tab. See https://www.caravansinthesun.com/en/test-page/#info

I have uploaded a screenshot of the issue

[attachment file=”30117″]

Raghavendra

We made some changes recently to address the JS execution on hidden tabs which caused this issue. The second and later tabs generally cannot execute JS since they are hidden initially (display: none) but the change we made was a way to overcome the same. If you use the following custom css the issue will go away –

.lae-tabs .lae-tab-panes {
        position: relative; }
        .lae-tabs .lae-tab-panes .lae-tab-pane {
          padding: 40px;
          display: none;
          overflow: hidden; }
          .lae-tabs .lae-tab-panes .lae-tab-pane.lae-active {
            display: block; }

Meanwhile will think about a way to address the above JS issue while handling some of the issues you had due to the change we made. PLs note that with the above change, stuff like grids won’t work in initially hidden tabs but first tab content should be fine.

James Manning
    Participant

Hi,

I have applied the provided code and the issue is still there. I added in the content which would be used in the tabs to the Test page and all tabs have the whitespace.

Regards,

Raghavendra

The custom CSS is being overridden by the plugin CSS. Can you pls enter the same in the Elementor Addons -> Custom CSS tab in WordPress admin?

James Manning
    Participant

That seems to have fixed it.

Thanks for your help.

Caleb Weeks
    Participant

Hi James & Raghavendra,

Thanks for getting this topic started, James!

We had/have the same thing as you described (extra space below the footer, etc.) and the CSS above did/does work, but I am hoping to check in with Raghavendra to see if the Livemesh team has any further updates on Grids inside “hidden” tabs.

Raghavendra wrote above: “Meanwhile will think about a way to address the above JS issue while handling some of the issues you had due to the change we made. PLs note that with the above change, stuff like grids won’t work in initially hidden tabs but first tab content should be fine.

We were going to put a grid inside one of the hidden tabs, but it is not the end of the world if we are unable to as the footer working is more important. I know you all are working on a possible longer term solution so this might be possible again some day and also that the above Custom CSS might not be required out of the box.

Thank you for writing whenever able, and congratulations on the Addons for Elementor – they are a pleasure to use/have! 🙂

Thanks, again.

Raghavendra

Caleb – unfortunately I have been busy with the changes to plugin that impact it in the long run and have not been able to spend time on this issue. I hope to find a solution to this vexing issue since tabs are one of our most popular addons. I am glad to hear you find our plugin useful.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Elementor Addons Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.