white screen crash with events Calendar and Invent Theme

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Invent Theme Support white screen crash with events Calendar and Invent Theme

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    bking12358
    Participant

Hello,
    First off, I love your product – I’ve been using the Invent theme for several months which, to my understanding, is designed to work with Events Calendar, the free version. I just started using the Events Calendar, and wanted to include some of the add-on options – I added the “iCal importer” for Events Calendar, which worked well, so I decided to upgrade to the Pro version of Events Calendar, to work with some options only available in the Pro version. I successfully created a sidebar calendar widget (Events Calendar) to add to one of my LearnDash course pages, and that’s when I started having problems. When I went to the plugins page to access the Events Calendar, I got a “white screen” crash which prevented me from seeing the plugins page. I read several of the threads on the Events Calendar support forum which referenced a variety of “white screen” instances. After several attempts to troubleshoot my problem, I deleted all of the Events Calendar plugins, and did a clean install, but still no luck. I also contacted my hosting provider, Bluehost, and they confirmed that the hosting environment was ok, but they were unable to help me to resolve the problem.
    I’m not a programmer, but I do remember one of the techs with Bluehost running a “debug” option to see if we could see an error message. At one point we got an error that referenced a “WP- Widget” on line 4357… I wish I could be more helpful.
    The bluehost tech also restored my core settings for the wordpress install on the site, and the site works, but still no fix for the Events Calendar plugin (free version). I decided to leave this alone, for the moment – I deleted the other 2 plugins, Events Calendar Pro, and the iCal-importer-Events Calendar. Now, when you click on the calendar icon at the top of the menu, to access the Events Calendar, I get a white screen, so the plugin is not useable.

Here is the site: http://www.ethoseducationonline.com which redirects to; gotoclass.briankingmusic.info/online

I’ve created a temporary login for you;
    username: Invent Theme
    password: EOh&uJFWIu3Cp#(8@Pk31ww1

Thanks in advance – I hope you can help with this problem.

Sincerely,
    Brian

Veena

I saw the blank screen error but i didn’t see any error in the console .
    I did some tests – events is showing when i switched to default theme.

We need more information, can you pls check the error log and see if there is any clue.

Veena

For testing purposes i have deactivated some plugins , pls activate the same if needed.

bking12358
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    bking12358
    Participant
    bking12358
    Participant
    bking12358
    Participant
    bking12358
    Participant
    Raghavendra

Looks like the events page shows up now. Not sure you noticed this already.

We saw a syntax error in the template-ld-courses.php file wherein some CSS was inserted and that caused the PHP syntax error. I am not sure though why that would cause events calendar to fail. May be you were able to find the root cause of the issue and fixed it yourself.

Regarding the WP_Widget issue, it should not cause anything to fail – just a warning but we have an update ready which will take care of this. Will have the update submitted tomorrow.

bking12358
    Participant
    Veena
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Invent Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.