Where can I change the TRAINER word that appears in the URL ?

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums FitPro Theme Support Where can I change the TRAINER word that appears in the URL ?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    argos

Hi, I get this:
    mydomain.com/TRAINER/name-of-the-trainer
    but I NEED to use: ENTRENADOR instead of trainer on the URL
    where or how can I change it to display it in my own language ?

Nexus

You will have to translate the strings in the theme using poedit. You just have to create appropriate .po and .mo files and place them in the languages directory inside the theme directory. Here is how to translate the theme
    http://help.pixelpress.co/help/kb/wordpress-training/how-to-translate-a-wordpress-theme-po-file-using-poedit

argos

Sorry to tell you, but I search all .po files and I couldn´t get where to translate the WORD: trainer that appears at the URL of the site when you go to VIEW the TRAINER BIO.

argos

Just FYI, I also need for SEO purposes on my language to HIDE or change the name of the URL when it is set to: mydomain.com/page-section/maps
    because I need to use, as: mydomain.com/maps
    simple.

Without the text at the url: “page-section” for it.
    Thanks

argos

Hi, I ALSO need to change the “feature” word at the URL, for another word in my own language.
    Please let me know how to do it.

it actually appears as:
    http://mydomain.com/?feature=MyPageName

thanks in advance

argos

Hi, there is also a:

/fitness-class/ text on another URL, that I also need to modify just to “clases” on my own language or anything else, as taekwondo or another martial art, is NOT a “fitness-class” I am a little obsessed with SEO and people reading the URLs of my site.
    Thanks.

Nexus

This is the plugin that you should be using http://wordpress.org/plugins/polylang/ . Also you can try WPML as well, but it is a paid plugin.

Raghavendra

You can change the URLs for trainers, features, fitness classes easily in the file framework/presentation/custom-post-types.php file. Look for the ‘rewrite’ parameter passed to the register_post_type() function call this way –

register_post_type('fitness_class', array(
                'labels' => $labels,
                'public' => true,
                'publicly_queryable' => true,
                'show_ui' => true,
                'exclude_from_search' => true,
                'query_var' => true,
                'rewrite' => array('slug' => 'fitness-class'),
                'capability_type' => 'post',
                'taxonomies' => array('fitness_category'),
                'has_archive' => false,
                'hierarchical' => false,
                'menu_position' => 10,
                'menu_icon' => MO_THEME_URL . '/images/admin/balloon-quotation.png',
                'supports' => array('title', 'editor', 'thumbnail', 'page-attributes', 'custom-fields')
            ));

Pls make sure you visit Settings->Permalinks once after you make these changes so that the changes take effect.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘FitPro Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.