When using shortcode can not mark lesson complete

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Invent Theme Support When using shortcode can not mark lesson complete

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    lwrkrol

I use the LearnDash plugin. When I create a lesson and on the bottom of this lesson I insert some posts with a shortcode, the button mark as complete does not appear.

So lesson contains:

“bla bla bla”

[divider_line style=””]

[show_post_snippets layout_class=”” post_type=”post” taxonomy=”category” terms=”rebounden” number_of_columns=”3″ post_count=”999″ display_title=”true” display_summary=”true” show_excerpt=”true” excerpt_count=”50″ show_meta=”false” image_size=”medium” hide_thumbnail=”false” title=”Gerelateerde Oefeningen” no_margin=”false”]

[divider_line style=””]

After the last divider there should be the Mark Complete button.

See http://www.streetballacademy.com/lessons/rebounding/

Veena

I can see Mark Complete button in page “http://www.streetballacademy.com/topic/boxing-out/”.
    Hope you have managed to resolve this issue.

lwrkrol

Yes but that’s because there is no related post snippet to show. I added one and now the Mark Complete button is not visible.

Veena

Could you pls share temporary login credentials to your site as a private reply here?

lwrkrol
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Raghavendra

I will need to examine LearnDash plugin to see what’s happening. Any shortcode with a alternate posts loop is making the original lesson post to lose its context, even though we have made sure to reset the posts data so that the original context is not lost.

Before I dig in deep into LearnDash and find out the reason, can you pls check with LearnDash support on this? They may have an answer already and may have seen something like this before. Thanks

lwrkrol

Comment LearnDash

It seems like the theme’s shortcodes are conflicting with the mark complete button in LearnDash. I’d recommend raising this with the theme developer as well. To answer your question, I haven’t heard of a conflict with this theme in particular, but I’ll admit that I’m not overly familiar with it.

http://support.learndash.com/forums/topic/button-mark-complete-disappears-when-using-shortcode/#post-43298

Raghavendra

I will do some internal code testing to see what’s happening. Will get back to you in next few hours. Thanks.

Raghavendra

I did some testing on my side and looks like the way LearnDash handles the content filter is the issue. Any nested loop you insert into content of a lesson, their content filter kicks in and fails the make the filter work on the original post (original lesson post) and instead tries to filter the posts retrieved as part of nested query.

I suggest you tell LearnDash to fix this issue. To make it easier for you to convince them about the problem and make it easier for them to do testing, I inserted this shortcode of LearnDash –

[ld_course_list]

and same issue occurs. The mark complete button or other navigation elements go missing since their template content filter fails to kick in for the original lesson post even with their own shortcodes which involves a nested loop.

If they fix the issue with their shortcode, the theme shortcodes (or of any other plugin/theme for that matter) should work fine since the loop is being reset correctly.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Invent Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.