What's the error message on the top of my page?

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Invent Theme Support What's the error message on the top of my page?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    deon7

Hi,

I just woke up yesterday and found this error message on the top of my website? What’s up with this?

Raghavendra

Can you pls check if you have the file custom/custom-functions.php file in your invent theme folder? Looks like that file is gone missing somehow.

deon7

where can I check this? And how do I get it if it’s missing?

deon7

Ok it seems to be missing. What now?
    I didn’t make any changes. Why does this keep happening to me? Last time there my entire website was down because of a security update that was made.

Raghavendra

I have no idea why that would happen unless someone got into your site and manually deleted the file. We have not heard of files getting deleted for any of our themes so far from our customers.

Pls contact your hosting provider to check if there has been any intrusions and what you can do to prevent this from happening.

Also install plugins like WordFence Security which sends you notifications if any suspicious activity occurs on your site.

deon7

How do I solve the problem though? It is still persistent on my website – umdsmartgrowth.org

Raghavendra

You need to restore the file by FTPing the custom-functions.php file to custom/ folder of the theme install folder in your server. Did you try the same?

deon7

All the files are getting quarantined for viruses. I got this message from my service provider(namecheap) of the files that are quarantined – https://pastebin.com/fGdjVGVR Please help me fix this.

I really don’t know who’s at fault here, but I do know that as a customer, I’m really struggling here.

deon7

Here’s additionally what they found – https://pastebin.com/Pu4fQwRg

Raghavendra

I am sorry you have to go through this – is it possible to share with me the cpanel login and wordpress login to this site so that I can have a closer look? I will delete the theme folder and recreate the same and hence pls let me know if you have any customizations there, so that we can preserve them. The settings data won’t be lost since it resides in the database.

Also will install wordfence security plugin so that you instantly receive a notification if a file like maink.php was uploaded by modifying the wordpress folder. The plugin will notification even if there is slight modification to the theme or plugin files for any reason.

I hope you had the latest version of Invent and WordPress installed on this server.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Invent Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.