Warning Message: Need to Update Rev Slider Plugin to 4.6.5

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Enigmatic Theme Support Warning Message: Need to Update Rev Slider Plugin to 4.6.5

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kovair

Hello,

We have received a warning message from our host company BlueHost regarding update of Revolution Slider Plug-in to from 3.0.95 to 4.6.5. Could you please help us guide in this?

The message is given below.

===================================================================
    “Slider Revolution Premium Plugin has released a new verison 4.6.5 for their plugin. A recent hack has been found in older versions of this plugin that allows an attacker to download any file from your hosting account, such as the configuration file containing the database passwords. Once the attacker has this information the attacker can comprise your website via the database.

This vulnerability is being exploited currently which is causing numerous domains to become blacklisted by Google.

** If the Slider Revolution Premium Plugin is not updated by 28 December 2014 we will be forced to disable the plugin in order to protect our servers from being blacklisted. **

===================================

Please help us take a quick action on this.

Thanks,
    Sanat

Veena

The slider revolution page says – “VERSION 4.1.4 OR OLDER MUST BE UPDATED IMMEDIATELY TO AVOID CRITICAL VULNERABILITY”. The version we ship with the theme is much more recent than that(4.6.4). You can take a look at the folder – “Revolution-slider-instructions” which has the updated revolution slider zip and documentation. If you still need help, pls send us an email via our profile page – http://themeforest.net/user/LiveMesh#contact and we will glad to help. Thanks.

kovair

Hello Phoenix,

Thanks for your quick attention to this. When I searched for the Revolution Slider Setup within the original Enigmatic theme folder (which we purchased), I did not find Revolution Slider Instructions. So, I am not sure how to get the updated version 4.6.4 of it.

Can you please email me the updated plugin to resolve this?

Thanks,
    Sanat

Veena

I have mailed you the updated version.

kovair

Thanks Phoenix. I received the update plugin and implemented it as well. Many thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Warning Message: Need to Update Rev Slider Plugin to 4.6.5’ is closed to new replies.