Visual editor stripping tags

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Segmant

Hi Again

Ive noticed that when going from HTML to visual editor, it strips out the <span> tags from the <h3 class="fancy-heading"><span>XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX</span></h3>, my clients will be using the visual editor so how can i stop it from stripping the <span> tags??

Ive tried TinyMCE but this doesnt help

Cheers

Chris

livemesh
    Keymaster

I know this problem exists and seen the layout being affected due to users switching between HTML and Visual editor. I tried to reproduce this today and unable to do it though – the span tag stays even after multiple edits and updates.

There isn’t really a solution to this other than to write a WP shortcode for these headings. I have also had some luck with placing line breaks before and after the tag to help overcome this issue. Try it out and let me know if the problem still exists after you format the source a little bit with extra line-breaks and I will have a couple of shortcodes written to tackle this issue with headings. Thanks

Segmant

hey livemesh

No still no luck, <span> tags still being stripped no matter what i wrap them in.

Cheers

Chris

Veena

Hi,

I couldn’t reproduce the problem that you mention here.
    Pls reply as a private message here with the site URL and a temporary login to the WordPress dashboard and I can take a look.
    You may also email me the same
    (see bottom right box in my profile page).

Segmant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    livemesh
    Keymaster
    Segmant
    livemesh
    Keymaster
    livemesh
    Keymaster

To resolve this issue, I will have a WordPress shortcode done tomorrow for these custom headings. Will attached the changed file here and will make this part of next update. That’s the best way to resolve this for everyone who might face this issue. Thanks.

livemesh
    Keymaster

Attached is the file framework/shortcodes/typography-shortcodes.php with the changes. Once you have these shortcodes file in place, pls use shortcodes

[fancy-heading]Client Testimonials[/fancy-heading]

or

[fancy-heading2]Client Testimonials[/fancy-heading2]

depending on your needs. The WordPress visual editor should spare those important span tags now.

livemesh
    Keymaster
    Segmant

Hey livemesh

that is awesome, really really appreciate all your support.

Thanks so much

Chris

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Visual editor stripping tags’ is closed to new replies.