Visual Composer Content Does Not Display

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Agile Theme Support Visual Composer Content Does Not Display

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Greetings,
    I have updated the theme, the Visual Composer plugin, Templatera plugin, and WordPress. I have tried disabling all plugins. The only way the content displays on the website is by disabling Visual Composer, then of course the shortcodes appear as well.

I noticed on another thread that the Templatera plugin was the culprit. There are more recent versions available, I am on 1.1.11, which came with the very recently downloaded theme. How do I obtain the latest Templatera plugin?

http://www.thegatewaycentre.com

Thank you.

Veena

You can find the latest version templatera plugin file in frameworks/plugin folder (in latest downloaded theme bundle), pls use the same to update templatera plugin .

That is where I got the file from, the bundled software from Themeforest, downloaded again TODAY. This is a screenshot of the extracted files, from the Framework folder, plugins, and showing the .txt file which shows the version, which is 1.1.11, which is NOT the latest version available.

Agile download apparently does NOT contain the latest version, meanwhile most of the content on my website is not displaying at all.

Thanks for your help, please advise.

Veena

Currently you are using old version(3.2) of theme. Pls update it to latest version (4.1).
    Also update the plugins file.

If the issue is still on pls let us know .

This reply has been marked as private.
    Veena
    rnicolai

I have the same error. Can you explain me how I can update the theme / templatera the most easy way, without changing my configuration / settings?

Veena

Hi rnicolai,

Pls use the enavato toolkit to update theme
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/how-to-update-themeforest-themes-with-the-envato-wordpress-toolkit/

or this video –

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC68VigIbCQ

Pls do note that you will lose any changes you have made in the theme folder but the theme options, settings etc. will remain. Good to have a backup of the Custom CSS though.
    Plugins:
    You can delete the old plugin files and import the new files through WPdashboard , you can find the latest plugin files in your latest themedownloaded bundle .Agile latest version is 4.1 .

rnicolai

I also tried the following with the following result:

website frontend is working again (some VC functionality wasn’t working anymore)
    however at admin part, VC edit part is still ‘loading’ contineously.

I did the following
    – updated the theme (via the instructions above)
    – I cleared browser cache
    – I deactivated all plugins

What can I do more?

Veena

Hi rnicolai,

You need to update the VC plugin files .
    You can find the plugins zip file in frameworks/plugins folder.
    If you are using ftp method then you need to unzip the js_composer.zip and templatera.zip folder and add the js_composer and templatera folder to wp-content/plugins folder(replace with the older files) .You can check the plugins folder structure in wp-content/plugins folder.

Or You can do with wp-dashboard .

Just delete the older version and add the new one through plugins > add new > import the plugin files which is in the frameworks/plugins folder .

Veena
    rnicolai

Many thanks for your quick and accurate response! I really appreciate that!

The visual composer at the wp-admin is working!
    However gravityforms (one part of a VC page) is not working again.

* cleared the cache completely
    * cleared the cache at page level
    * clearch my browser cache
    * checked at wp-admin. the VC page (with the gravity form) seems OK

any other suggestions?

rnicolai

never mind. everything is working. was a conflict with another plugin (OR W3 Total Cache OR Wordfence security)

Thanks for your help!

Veena

Hi rnicolai,

Glad that you have resolved the issue and thank you for the update ..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘Agile Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.