Video taking up entire width

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    geoparstor

Hey there, pardon another question so soon…

Whenever I put a youtube video on a page, it takes up the entire width.

I’ve tried putting it in the youtube video shortcode, I’ve tried new and old YT embed codes with width and height specified. When I put it in a column, it fits to that column, but still fills up the whole column space.

Any thoughts, and what more can I provide that would be helpful?

Thanks very much

geoparstor
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Ernesto

Hi, unfortunately, I´d need to see it in one of the pages to see where the issue is taking place. One thing you might want to try is adjusting the size of the video with CSS.

Try to replicate what you did with previous video and send me a link so we can inspect the issue where it takes place. Thanks in advance!

geoparstor
    Ernesto

Hi, you´ll need to modify it with CSS. Go to your CSS Custom Section in your Theme Options Panel and enter the following code:

.fluid-width-video-wrapper {width: 50%;position: relative;padding: 0;}

geoparstor

Looks as if that just cuts the videos down to 50% of the full size, doesn’t actually get them to display the specified size.

Would just like to be able to have the video show up as 640×320 when it’s specified to do so, rather than go full width.

Also, any thoughts on the review plug in short code causing the no body content error in the second link?

Thanks again for your help

Ernesto

.fluid-width-video-wrapper {width: 640px; height: 320px; position: relative;padding: 0;}

For the other page, first of all we´d need to make sure that the plugin is compatible with WP latest version. If not, that could be generating the issue.

geoparstor
    geoparstor
    Ernesto

Hi, I was able to manually align the video using the following CSS code:
    #player .full-frame {padding-left: Xpx}

This should allow you to modify the videoframe position without any trouble.

geoparstor

Added that to the custom CSS area in the theme, and it deleted all of my theme settings. No logo, no font, no colors – all reset. Guess I’ll have to completely redo it.

All I’m looking for is the ability to add a video that does not default to full width.

Can you please tell me why it’s so difficult to get a video to display with the correct dimensions? Did I add any custom CSS that would ruin the ability to size videos correctly? Is this a known theme problem?

Just looking for answers as this is getting a bit frustrating.

Thanks for your help on this.

Ernesto

Hi,

In this case, the best option, which does not require CSS tweaks, is to wrap your video shortcode with a div that assigns the dimensions to it. For example, you can insert a code like this in the content of your page:

<div style="height:480px;width:853px;margin:0 auto;">[youtube_video clip_id="kgXlHFxaN8o" hd="true" width=853 height=480]</div>

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Extinct Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.