Video Gallery help

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    digitalfarm

hi,
    My portfolio page is a series of videos. I set a featured image for each so there is a nice thumbnail in the 3-column portfolio.
    When one clicks on the image, it takes them to the detail page, which is fine.
    But– there in the detail page I see both a large featured image and the video itself. It’s redundant. I just want the video there.

You can see example here: http://digitalfarm.com/videos

Also– is it possible to keep the hover, and still be able to go to the details page instead of opening a lightbox?

Finally– is it possible to play a video in the lightbox instead of the featured image? That is what I get right now if I keep the hover on. I just want the video player to load if I do that.

Thanks!

Nexus

Hi,

Please paste the following code into custom css in theme options

.image-info a.lightbox-link {
    display:none;
    }

.single-portfolio img.featured {
    display:none;
    }

Also please make sure you enable the lightbox for the portfolio in the theme options (right now it seems you have disabled it). This will make sure that the hover overlay will display without the lightbox link button.

Right now it is not possible to play the video in the lightbox. It will require significant customization to the theme. Hope the above fixes will meet your requirements. Thanks!

digitalfarm

Awesome, thank you.

So now the detail page looks/works great. And I get the hover on the item in the gallery. But clicking on the hover doesn’t go to the details page, it just sits there.

If I click on the title it works, but not on the image.

-Bill

digitalfarm

Interesting– I found that with the hover, I have to hover directly over the title to get the hyperlink. I would think from a UI perspective that hovering anywhere over the image in the orange I should get the hyperlink. Could be confusing to users.

So, directly over the titles– either the title below the image or the title inside the hover, work as hyperlinks. The image itself does not. Is this expected behaviour? It seemed like before I added the CSS change, that hovering anywhere over the image would be a hyperlink.

thx!

Nexus

Hi,

Yes that is the expected behavior. Please check here https://www.livemeshthemes.com/appdev/portfolio-shortcodes/ . The hover is intended as a background for the title and the lightbox link. Hope that makes sense. Cheers!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Appdev Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.