Uploading New Extinct Theme

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Alanajane

Hello,

I’m trying to upload the new Extinct Theme Update (January 2014). However, every time I try and install the new theme I get the following message:

Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

Destination folder already exists.

Theme install failed.

I’ve tried renaming the new zip file myself. The same message appears. I have deleted the old version (2.0) and tried uploading the new zip file, the same message occurs.

Currently, I have version 1.0 installed as I had to delete version 2.0 to try and upload the new theme (so, as you can imagine, running on version 1.0, my site has limited capabilities and is running the oldest version of Extinct. Not great.)

Please advise.

Nexus

Just uploading the zip file from the dashboard won’t work (unless you are using a plugin to handle the update). See this post for instructions https://www.livemeshthemes.com/support/forums/topic/updating-extinct-theme/

Thanks!

Alanajane

Okay – thanks (I’m a total amateur you see!). One other thing, do you know if keeping all the old files (i.e. version 1.0 and 2.0) on the server will slow my website down (I’m having serious speed issues)? Is it best to completely delete all the old theme files from my FTP and just keep the current one on there?

Nexus

If you haven’t made any changes to the theme files, then you can just remove them. But if you want to go back because you are facing issues with the new version then keep them. But I would recommend you delete the old ones or back them up out of your server, so that you can restore it only if required.

But that shouldn’t cause any kind of speed issues, as far as I know. Check with you hosting provider, get the access log and analyze them. Monitor your server’s CPU and memory usage.

Hope that helps.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Extinct Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.