Updating the theme

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Ok,

Didn’t know I had to work with the child theme instead of the parent.
    I have made changes in the header.php (google tag manager, facebook pixel etc).
    There is some custom CSS on pages, with the help of this forum.

But I need to update the theme. It’s important because of the title tags that are fixed, I really need that.
    Have been searching the internet about how to safely copy to the child theme and then update the parent theme, but I see so many different ways and opinions that I really don’t understand it anymore and am afraid I’ll delete my work of the last week when doing the update………

How I understand it at the moment and please correct me where I’m wrong:

– I’ve installed the Invent Child Theme
    -(I understand that the child theme looks at the parent and copies him except for changes you tell the child?)
    -I guess I need to make a copy of the header php? (since the google tags and Facebook pixel) I guess that the custo css provided by this forum, that I used on pages don’t show in the style.css sheet?
    -Then copy those files (I just copied from the parent containing the data specific to my website) to the child theme?

Can someone please tell me what files I should save/copy? Or perhaps have a look in my wordpress and have a look what the different files are?

Best,

Noah
    http://www.ikwillerendraaien.nl

.. Or even better..
    If someone knows the code for the title tags to work properly (page title and site title not separated but ‘glued’ together. This got fixed in this latest update) that would be great. In that case I won’t need to update the theme at all..!

Can someone help me?

This has been fixed.
    I have SEO Premium by Yoast and they have an option “Force Rewrite” for the site/page title, so I was able to delete it with that!

Cheers!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Updating the theme’ is closed to new replies.