updating extinct theme

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    bohemia14

Is there an easier way to update the Extinct theme without having to download all files and re-upload them each time there’s an update? Many themes notify me when I log into the actual WordPress site that there is an update available and it can just be updated that way directly from the Dashboard. It’s so much easier. Also, is there a record somewhere of what is included in the theme update? I couldn’t see it anywhere. Thanks.

Nexus

You can just ftp the new theme files using a ftp client like Filezilla. This will replace the old theme files. All your data and setting will remain. But still I would suggest you take a backup of the site before you go ahead with the update.

One more easy way of updating the theme directly from the WordPress dashboard is to use this plugin http://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-theme-and-plugin-upgrades/ . I have used this plugin many times and it has worked wonders. Hope that helps. Thanks!

Nexus

One more thing I forgot to mention. If you have made any changes to the theme files itself then you will have to backup the theme and replicate the changes after the update.

bohemia14
    This reply has been marked as private.
    bohemia14
    bohemia14
    Raghavendra

You can input the following custom css into custom css tab in theme options to make the widget display images right and overcome the limitation –

.ngg-widget img {
    display: inline-block;
    }

or if that has issues, try

.ngg-widget img {
    float: left;
    }

You will need to increase the space allocated to the the widget by choosing the right number of columns in Footer tab. Regarding this option, just play around with different options until you find something that suits your requirement. It is quite flexible but probably can be more visual to help understand better the layout.

bohemia14

Yes, that worked beautifully. Thank you so much!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘updating extinct theme’ is closed to new replies.