Updates

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Bart Daems
    Participant

Hi there!

I got 2 questions for my client’s website using Fitpro Theme.

The first question is about plugin updates.
    Strangely I found out that there are almost no request for updates comming in, except for the newest WordPress version and WP Bakkery Page Builder (which can’t be updated).
    In fact, all plugins do allready have the newest version. (but the website is allready 2 months old!)

I have no plugin installed who updates the plugins manually.
    Is this an option in the theme that I can switch of, since I want full control of the updates?
    Or is it possible it’s done by Envato Toolkit, which is installed?

Second questions is about WP Bakkery Page builder plugin wich is still version 5.4.2 (the newest is allready 5.4.5)
    I know the update comes with the theme update and I have Envato toolkit installed to be informed about a theme update.
    You have any idea when the update with the newest version of WP bakkery is comming so the update reminder will be gone?

Thank you very much,

Regards,
    Bart

Raghavendra

Bart – we haven’t been been updating the theme as regularly as some of the plugin authors do. It is certainly difficult to update the theme every time there is a plugin update since every other day there is an update to the plugin which is being used by a million websites.

We usually ask our customers to drop us an email at https://themeforest.net/user/livemesh#contact and we send them updates whenever requested by the customer. You can do so anytime and we will be happy to provide the same for all of our plugins – rev slider, VC and tempatera plugins. Thanks

Bart Daems
    Participant

Thanks, but what about the first question?

trangely I found out that there are almost no request for updates comming in, except for the newest WordPress version and WP Bakkery Page Builder (which can’t be updated).
    In fact, all plugins do allready have the newest version. (but the website is allready 2 months old!)

I have no plugin installed who updates the plugins manually.
    Is this an option in the theme that I can switch of, since I want full control of the updates?
    Or is it possible it’s done by Envato Toolkit, which is installed?

Regards,
    Bart

Raghavendra

Looks like you have auto updates enabled on your site. You can disable/enable the same by following the link below –

https://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/edu/wordpress/wordpress-features/enable-disable-wp-updates

More details here –

https://codex.wordpress.org/Configuring_Automatic_Background_Updates

I don’t think Envato Toolkit can automatically update your theme/plugins. You still need to click update to update the theme – at least that is best information I have.

Bart Daems
    Participant

Ok thank you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Updates’ is closed to new replies.