Updated Theme & Theme Plugins — Reserved Homepage Composite Layers

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Austin Theme Support Updated Theme & Theme Plugins — Reserved Homepage Composite Layers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    crankit

Hello,

I just did updated to the Theme Plugins and it like reversed the layout of the homepage. It is composite — so, I went and looked at the order of the sections and it is correct — however, when you look at it live its almost completly reversed?

Url: http://midwestnostalgiaprostockassociation.com

Raghavendra

Can you pls disable all plugins once and see if that makes a difference? Pls make sure you deactivate at least the ‘Post Types Order’ plugin. There is an option ‘Auto Sort’ in this plugin which can change the order of the sections some times.

If you still have trouble, pls post a temp login to the site here as a private message. Thanks

crankit

Thanks! It looks like the Essential Grid Plugin is the bad one. However — it is a main function of this theme — If I disable it — The homepage works stellar. But than none of the gallerys work.

crankit
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Raghavendra

Have updated the code for template-composite-page.php file with a fix. Can you pls check if things look ok now? Will issue an update once you confirm things are looking good.

I checked once – everything looks well ordered now even though Essential Grid is enabled. Pls confirm. Thanks for reporting this.

crankit

Yes that is the correct layout — however the videos still do not work on the homepage.

Thanks for your help.

Veena

Pls update your theme to latest version and check.
    You can download latest version theme from your themeforest account > downloads tab.

crankit
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Veena

You can follow the regular procedure if you haven’t done any modification in themefiles..ie. just delete the theme through wp-dashboard and upload latest theme zip file.

Updating Theme –
    The way I update is to replace all files. No matter what method you use (there are plugins too like this – http://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-theme-and-plugin-upgrades/ and http://www.wpexplorer.com/envato-wordpress-toolkit-guide/ to update easily), you will need to backup your changes and redo any changes you made to the files on the new installation.

Use tools like DiffMerge or WinMerge to compare the old and new files and redo the changes. You will spend probably an hour doing this but not more, specially if you have made changes only to a few select files. The dashboard settings ll be retained and hence Custom CSS entered into theme options should be fine. It’s always a good idea to have a backup though. Hope this helps.

Best way to protect yourself from theme updates is to always make changes in the child theme. The theme is mostly child theme friendly and hence when you have time, you can probably go through the changes you have made to the core theme files and try to move them to child theme so that the core files are not affected and upgrades are smoother.

crankit

Thank you for assistance. I deleted the theme and then re-upload the newest version that I downloaded from my download account — unfortunatley, I am still experiencing the same issues with the videos and animations.

Raghavendra

You have an error in the page – jquery.themepunch.revolution.min.js?ver=4.6.5:7 Uncaught TypeError: b.swipe is not a function which is probably the root cause of this since a single JS can halt the execution of scripts on the page.

Can you pls upgrade your revolution slider to latest version 5.x and see if that helps eliminate the error?

crankit

There is not an update available it the Plugin section. Does this mean I need to re-purchase this? It seems a little odd as It was included in the theme?

Veena

No need to repurchase.
    Pls download latest version theme from your themeforest account > downloads tab and you can find the latest version rev slider plugin file in revolution-slider-instructions folder.

crankit

Worked. Except now — the Slider seems to be stacked on top of eachother. I check the page for double layers — nothing. Checked the plugin page to make sure it wasnt doubled in plugins — its not. Check the slider settings to see if the content was multipled — its not. Any ideas?

Thanks again for your help!

Veena

Currently you are using two rev slider in one page.

1.- http://midwestnostalgiaprostockassociation.com/page-section/homepage-mnpsa-photo-slider/
    2. – MNPA Homepage slider through “Revolution Slider Choice” option in the page edit window.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘Updated Theme & Theme Plugins — Reserved Homepage Composite Layers’ is closed to new replies.