Update Theme

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    remhokedoce

Sorry for my english, Im a latin person… My problem is, I try to update my theme, but I dont understand how. The real problem is I erase one plug-in and now I see some errors. Can you help me to fix it and update my theme?

Thanx a lot!

Nexus

You can download the new theme update from themeforest.net. Just login to your account and navigate to downloads tab and download the package again. To update the theme here’s what I normally do –

The way I update is to replace all files. No matter what method you use (there are plugins too like this – http://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-theme-and-plugin-upgrades/ to update easily), you will need to backup your changes and redo any changes you made to the files on the new installation.

Use tools like DiffMerge or WinMerge to compare the old and new files and redo the changes. You will spend probably an hour doing this but not more, specially if you have made changes only to a few select files. The settings data will stay and hence Custom CSS entered into theme options should be fine. It’s always a good idea to have a backup though. Hope this helps.

Best way to protect yourself from theme updates is to always make changes in the child theme. The theme is mostly child theme friendly and hence when you have time, you can probably go through the changes you have made to the core theme files and try to move them to child theme so that the core files are not affected and upgrades are smoother.

remhokedoce

Thanks for your help!!! But i think you forget to tell me wich plug-in I erase, because I dont remember! And… I think you can make a video explain to update themes in the future.

So thanks like always, you rocks!

Ernesto

Hi!! There’s no need to remove any plugin from your WP, since the Theme Install will check out which plugins you need to get the Theme working.

Cheers1

remhokedoce

Thanks for your reply, and sorry for my english (im a latin person), what I want to say its for me!!!, I erase by error one plug in, but I dont remember wich! Since that, I see some errors in my Wp-admin, like I show you in the picture…. Thanks again, you rocks!

Nexus

Looks like Visual Composer plugin is the one which is throwing all those errors. I think if you reinstall the plugin, everything should be fine.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Austin Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.