'Update' button not responding

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Phil Man

On my main page (3rdvista) when I make some edits and then press update i find that nothing happens. the update button does not work. Sometimes i can make one single edit and it will update but if i was to make multiple edits, i.e. in different sections/columns, the update button will for sure be unresponsive.

http://www.3rdvista.com

Please advise.
    Thanks

Phil

Phil Man
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Raghavendra

I disabled a few plugins and things seemed to improve. Looks like the Ultimate Addons for Visual Composer is really slowing things down for this page. Can you pls check and verify?

Phil Man

I tried disabling plugins (other than Ultimate Addons) but the problem has not gone away.

Help!

Raghavendra

So have you checked if Ultimate Addons is causing this? I was saying the plugin seems to be causing slowdown and preventing updates. Can you disable Ultimate Addons and see if the updates go through fine. I know you need this plugin but if the problem lies with them, you may be able to contact the author of this plugin and get the issue resolved.

Phil Man

I tested the Ultimate Addons, that does not seem to be a problem.
    Any other page I create works fine. Only the homepage has the problem
    I don’t know what to do?? Could there be a bad “Element Section” that’s draining resources?

Raghavendra

We had one other customer report this type of behavior to us recently. We could not pinpoint the exact element which was causing this since the page worked absolutely fine when duplicated – when we copy the source from the home page into another page and then update it.

Can you try to use another browser and create another page which has the same source as this one and see if the problem goes away? If you are able to reproduce it pls let me know and I can try to take a closer look ( I plan to delete one element at a time in this duplicated page until we are able to zero in on the specific element which is causing this).

Phil Man

I did a duplicate page by saving my home-page as a ‘template’, created a new page and pasted the template there. This new page seems to be working fine!

Thank you very much for helping to find this solution!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘'Update' button not responding’ is closed to new replies.