August 27, 2013 at 10:53 pm #1389
Hi, do I get the sample website just like https://www.livemeshthemes.com/themes/?theme=Appdev when I completed the installation of the zip file? At the moment, what I got is a website without any data getting populated.
I would like to know if this is because of the way how I installed this theme. I’ve got the error at importing themeforest-5307269-appdev-mobile-app-showcase-wordpress-theme.zip, specifically style.css is missing. To workaround, I selectively uploaded appdev.zip after extracting it from the original zip file.
If I want to get the same content as the sample website, do I need to upload additional files separately? If so, which directory should I install them?
– JoshAugust 27, 2013 at 11:20 pm #1390
You did the right thing by installing the appdev.zip file, since that is the WordPress theme zip file that has to uploaded for theme installation. For sample data, there should be a file named sample-data.xml file in the larger zip- the one you extracted. Import the data through WordPress Admin tab under Tools->import->WordPress. Pls have a look my videos here – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF3sJyw0JaI for setup of my earlier theme to get a idea on how to have demo site setup. If you are still having trouble, pls post me a private reply here with temp login to your site and I can help you out with the entire thing. Thanks!August 27, 2013 at 11:35 pm #1391
Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately I am unable to view your video as it seems the link is broken. Would you share the link again?
– JoshAugust 28, 2013 at 4:06 am #1392August 28, 2013 at 5:08 am #1393August 28, 2013 at 2:58 pm #1407August 28, 2013 at 3:04 pm #1408August 29, 2013 at 4:36 am #1410August 29, 2013 at 5:06 am #1412August 29, 2013 at 5:39 am #1413
The site looks better now. Looks like you carried over the data from the localhost to the server which caused the image URLs to point to localhost and hence fail. I deleted everything and re-imported so that the image URLs point to the enspirea server.
Pls setup the revolution slider as per the pdf included with the bundle. Hope it’s smooth sailing for you from now. Let us know if you run into issues. Thanks for your patience. Appreciate it.August 29, 2013 at 1:45 pm #1433
Thanks, now the site look exactly like the live demo. Please let me clarify the steps to make this happen. Would you elaborate what are required at “????” ?
– Install WordPress 3.6
– Install appdev.zip as plugin
– Import appdev-sample-data.xml
– Follow Main slider setup.pdf to create a revolution slider
– The site with the content of live demo is readyAugust 29, 2013 at 5:20 pm #1438
The middle step after the import of sample data would be =
1) Set the home page through the WP admin Settings->Reading tab and
2) Menu should be imported already but you just need to set it in the options panel.
The above steps are explained step by step along with screenshots in the Installation section of the documentation. Pls have a look, if you have not already done so. ThanksAugust 29, 2013 at 7:12 pm #1446August 30, 2013 at 4:54 am #1458October 11, 2013 at 4:46 am #2154SnippefyMember
I’ve installed the sample theme file but I’m not sure how to activate it. I still see the default one-page blog post. After installing it, how can I activate it so that it looks like the sample site?
- The forum ‘Appdev Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.