Twitter widget has stopped working

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Enticing Theme Support Twitter widget has stopped working

Tagged: ,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jane Haselden

Hi

We had a twitter widget working in column four of the footer, but this has stopped working suddenly.

We cannot get it working at all and have tried various twitter accounts and also tried to position it in other areas of the website but have had no luck. Is this twitter widget broken or have we done something wrong as it has been working fine up until now?

Thanks ~ Jane

Jane Haselden

As I am not getting any answers here, I will have to remove the widget and put some code in by hand.

Does Livemesh not answer posts as he has answered others recently?

Jane Haselden

The website concerned is http://www.austinpersonaltraining.co.uk

livemesh
    Keymaster

Sorry Jane for the delay. I will get this fixed for you latest by this weekend. This is due to change in Twitter API and has affected many themes and scripts in fact. Will work towards getting this fixed as quickly as I can. BTW, I do answer questions here but I find that in spite of the presence of the forum, I receive lot more support requests on my email(unfortunately) and rarely here. Hence I tend to check this less frequently. Thanks and will get back to you.

Jeffrey Summers

Then you should tell everyone, like most designers do that utilize support forums like this, that ALL support requests must go through the forum. For various reasons, it’s the only thing that makes sense.

livemesh
    Keymaster

I agree with you 100% that we should try to enforce this. Only challenge in it is that I do not want people share their website link publicly (on which they are raising the support request) or when they have to email their wordpress/cpanel login. Hence email is perhaps inevitable. Let me think over and find out some best practices followed by others. Thanks for your patience.

Have made progress on the twitter widget. It involves changes on 3-4 files and hence will need an theme update to be released. Pls expect that in 4-5 days along with some changes to portfolio pages. Meanwhile, pls utilize this plugin for your needs –
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/twitter-widget/. Thanks

Jane Haselden

I upgraded to 2.5 but still the Twitter Widget does not work.

I will have to try the link above, but would appreciate if you could let me know if you managed to fix your own Twitter Widget.

Thanks

livemesh
    Keymaster

Twitter has made it hard for developers to support Twitter widget. Pls use the widget above. If you have issues, let me know and I can help. Thanks

livemesh
    Keymaster

I have updated the twitter widget to fix the errors. Look for an update to theme next week.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Enticing Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.