Translate issue

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    haochuanlu

Hi, I need to translate this theme to Chinese, I have add the define('WPLANG', 'zh_CN'); in wp-config.php file, and add zh_CN.po and zh_CN.mo file in theme’s languages floder. Now I when I translated with Poedit, I could not see the result, which means the translate do not effect.
    I need your help, and how could I give you the wordpress login information and FTp information?
    thanks

haochuanlu
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Nexus

Hi,

Please let me know the url. Thanks!

haochuanlu

sorry, the website is http://demo.oome.org/99/.
    Further, The translate for the dashboard is not effect, but the translate for the front is OK.

Nexus

I logged into your site and downloaded the po file. But you haven’t translated the po file completely. I put some translated strings and the translation worked fine. Please see the screenshot for more information and also please check this page where I have translated the original string http://demo.oome.org/99/?page_id=163 . Let me know if you find any more issues. Thanks!

haochuanlu

thanks for your reply.
    The translate for front end page(the page that a customer could visit without login) is OK, but the translate for the dashboard is not effect. Attemented is the translate for Page Section custom post type. Besides, the install plugin in appearance menu and other also could not effect.

Nexus

I have notified about this to my developer. I will get back to you once he tests this in the test server. Thanks for your patience.

haochuanlu

hi, will the translate issue will be killed? thanks.

Raghavendra

We will definitely fix this – pls give us couple of days and we will have it done. Have noted down the issue in my log. Thanks for your patience.

Raghavendra
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Raghavendra

Have made some changes to your setup – modified framework.php, custom-post-types.php and the zn_CN.po file to handle certain scenarios. Pls update the .po file, enter the translations for the custom post types like Portfolio, Testimonials etc. and you should be able to see that the translations on the admin side are working right.

Whatever changes I have made will be part of the next update and hence no need to worry about losing your changes. Thanks for waiting on this.

haochuanlu

Thanks for your changes.
    May be the changes of tralslate is not conplate, as attemented, the Edit Portfolio Entry page, I could not found thestring of ‘Project URL’, so I could not tralslate.
    Besides, the theme option(theme-options.php) is not translate resdy, because there is no __() or _e() for translate.

haochuanlu

hi, another information, the theme option is created by option tree, in the po file, a lot of item is not seen in the webpage, so the item is not needed, so it is a waste of time to translate all item in po file. could you delete the unusefull item in po file?

Raghavendra

I do not intend to make theme-options.php translation ready. It will simply make the translation file bloated and unusable for people who just want to translate the frontend (which I assume is true for most users) since there are too many strings in it and will take focus away from the theme translation. And the question of lengthy descriptions of the theme options being used as documentation for theme options – I am not sure regular translation can handle the same efficiently.

If you need to translate the theme options, you need to load the theme-options.php in the child theme and then modify the php file for the titles and descriptions manually to your language.

As far as Project URL is concerned, it is a string on the WP admin side and was missed. Will make the required change and upload to your server and the change will be part of the next update as well.

So far, I have not had any of my buyers translating everything on the admin side and hence will need your help if you find something missing. Really appreciate your patience in this regard.

haochuanlu

hi
    could you give me an example of translate the theme-options.php in the child theme? or you can done it in my hosting( you know the FTP address, Username and Passward)? I try, but I failed.
    Project URL is one of the metabox item, so thanks for the upate of metabox is tealslate ready in the next update, or you can test and do it on my hosting.
    Waiting for your good news.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • The forum ‘Agile Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.