Trainer pages that don't exist showing up in browser

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums FitPro Theme Support Trainer pages that don't exist showing up in browser

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    epolimus

There are pages on my site that should not be there, and I cannot find them or how to remove them. They are pages called /trainer1, /trainer2, and on up until /trainer10.
    Where do I find the code for these? There are NO posts or pages that have these titles.
    http://www.idahoathleticclub.com/trainer5 <<that one says “success story” in the browser tab
    http://www.idahoathleticclub.com/trainer8 << has a trainer pic from the theme pics
    and there are more.
    Please tell me how to get rid of these. Google is indexing them and I found out by searching my business name. I have excluded trainer from the sitemap.
    Thanks

url: http://idahoathleticclub.com/login/
    usr: livemeshx1
    pass: S@tydozJM2$

Raghavendra

Pls make this code change in framework/presentation/custom-post-types.php file –

// Register post type
            register_post_type('trainer', array(
                'labels' => $labels,
                'public' => false,
                'show_ui' => true,
                'hierarchical' => false,
                'publicly_queryable' => false,
                'query_var' => true,
                'exclude_from_search' => true,
                'taxonomies' => array('fitness_category'),
                'show_in_nav_menus' => false,
                'menu_position' => 20,
                'has_archive' => false,
                'menu_icon' => get_template_directory_uri() . '/images/admin/users.png',
                'rewrite' => false,
                'supports' => array('title', 'editor', 'thumbnail', 'page-attributes', 'custom-fields')
            ));

You can override the related function mo_register_trainer_profile_post_type() in your child theme too so as to make this change stick across theme updates. You just need to set certain flags false in the above code.

epolimus
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Raghavendra

Attachment pages is default WordPress behavior that happens with every theme and more information about how to get rid of them here –

http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-disable-image-attachment-pages-in-wordpress/

I meant the false/true flags inside the code. Hope this clarifies.

epolimus

The attachment pages are still there. I did what the article said and it didn’t work.
    The trainers are still showing up. I used the code changes you posted and it didn’t work.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

epolimus
    Raghavendra

We lost track of this thread – sorry about that. I will be able to help you with removing the trainer pages at least. Can you provide me back the access to the site so that I can take a look? The login does not seem to be work anymore. Thanks.

epolimus
    Raghavendra

For some reason the server is really slow. Sometimes hangs connecting to facebook.net domain and at times when connecting the root domain itself. Takes forever to load the pages. I will give a try a little later. Thanks.

Raghavendra

Made some changes to framework/shortcodes/trainer-shortcodes.php file to remove the links. Pls check.

epolimus

Now the View Bio button/link is gone but I need to be able to click and open the trainer bio pages

epolimus

The trainer Profiles are missing. That is what I mean by bios

Raghavendra

I am sorry – looks like I misunderstood your requirement. Can you pls clarify for me – do you need trainer bio pages? I thought we posted some code for you to remove the trainer pages and that is the cause of 404 error that you are seeing when someone clicks on the View Bio links. If you do need the trainer bio, we need to revert the code changes done to custom-post-types.php, trainer-shortcodes.php files.

epolimus

My problem was that WordPress was creating pages for trainers that are Not from my trainer profiles. I Do need to see the Real trainer profiles, I was trying to stop it from making random pages that I did Not make.

Raghavendra

Ok restored the trainers. Sorry about that.

Pls ignore those trainer pages reported by you earlier. Those are not really trainer pages but image attachment pqges automatically created by WordPress. Since these are part of any of the millions of WordPress websites out there, search engines like Google definitely knows how to treat them and we should not be worried about SEO aspect of it.

Try not to exclude the trainer pages from the sitemap. That does not help in anyway to remove those attachment pages.

As per this site – http://www.wpexplorer.com/disable-image-page/ you can use SEO plugin WordPress SEO plugin by Yoast and it automatically removes the image attachments from the indexable content of the site.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Trainer pages that don't exist showing up in browser’ is closed to new replies.