Theme Problem with Q and A Plus FAQ Plug In

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Agile Theme Support Theme Problem with Q and A Plus FAQ Plug In

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    dancurranjr

I purchased Q and A Plus:
    http://momnt.co/downloads/q-and-a-plus/

The FAQ is installed at:
    http://devilscanyon.com/faqs/

Hypertext links inside the shortcode area do not work. However they DO work above or below the shortcode area.

I contacted the developer. When applying the Twenty14 or Twenty13 themes the issue goes away so this points towards a problem with the Agile theme.

dancurranjr
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Veena

In my observation it is absolutely working fine.
    I have attached the screenshot also.

dancurranjr

Yes the text will expand and contract but the problem is: “Hypertext links inside the shortcode area do not work”

Click on the hyperlink “Calendar” once you have expanded the text and nothing happens.

Or enter a term in the search box and click SEARCH – nothing happens

Veena

All hyperlinks are working fine for me.
    Regarding to searchbox ,the scripts seems to be correct.Its difficult to say anything more in this issue.
    Is search box really required?
    May i know which browser you are using?

Thanks

dancurranjr

I have tested this in Internet Explorer on my laptop, Firefox on my laptop and Safari on my iPhone.

The hypertext INSIDE the FAQ shortcode area do not work. The Hypertext ABOVE the shortcode area do work.

When I expand an FAQ and click on the hypertext nothing happens. If I right click and select “open in new tab” it will open in the new tab. But left clicking on it in the normal fashion does not work.

Example: “Please consult our [[calendar]] to see when …”
    or “email [[Questions@DevilsCanyon.com]]”

Regarding Search: I am disappointed that you would even ask me if a feature of a popular and well documented plug-in is necessary.

Veena

We don’t know exaclty what the problem is.

Raghavendra

In order to check this issue, I pasted the exact HTML generated by the plugin into a page and had no problems whatsoever with the links inside the FAQ section AND the search button as well. The search button took us straight to the search page. This validates our assumption that something is happening when the plugin is activated which is making the links to not work. Typically the JS code modifies the default behavior of the links in order for the expand/collapse on FAQ items to work. This function is part of the plugin you are using and hence somewhere they have code somewhere which is making these links to behave differently than how they do normally and hence failing to open the linked page. Hope this makes sense.

I would urge you to check with the plugin support to resolve this. If theme were the issue and if theme JS is acting on the content generated by this plugin, the code would have “blocked” the links with the generated HTML too.

dancurranjr

I have posted your comment on the plug developers page

Raghavendra

Great. Thanks for letting me know.

dancurranjr

I have the plug-in developer taking another look but what I dont understand is that the plug-in works in the Twenty Thirteen and Twenty Fourteen theme – which would lead me to suspect that the theme is the problem and not the plug in.

dancurranjr

Hey Daniel,

Okay, thanks for the information. I would like to investigate this further, and might if I have time, but if you change nothing except the active theme, and changing it to Twenty Twelve theme simply fixes all your problems, then that’s about as clear an indication as humanly possible that the other theme you had is the source of the problem.

Is the agile.zip you sent me earlier all there is to this theme? Do you have any child theme code as well or anything? If so, send it all over, if not, I’ll try to take a closer look at this as soon as I can.

– George

On Wednesday, March 18, 2015 at 2:55 PM, Daniel Curran wrote:
    Hello George,

Changing to 2012 did work and the information is in the thread, The theme creators still say its not the theme:

From the Theme Developer:
    In order to check this issue, I pasted the exact HTML generated by the plugin into a page and had no problems whatsoever with the links inside the FAQ section AND the search button as well. The search button took us straight to the search page. This validates our assumption that something is happening when the plugin is activated which is making the links to not work. Typically the JS code modifies the default behavior of the links in order for the expand/collapse on FAQ items to work. This function is part of the plugin you are using and hence somewhere they have code somewhere which is making these links to behave differently than how they do normally and hence failing to open the linked page. Hope this makes sense.
    I would urge you to check with the plugin support to resolve this. If theme were the issue and if theme JS is acting on the content generated by this plugin, the code would have “blocked” the links with the generated HTML too.

Raghavendra

Sorry to hear that you are still facing this issue. If you were asking us about the child theme, I do not think we need to consider the same for investigation. The agile.zip should do.

dancurranjr

I would still like the Agile team to investigate, I think the problem is clearly with the theme:

“if you change nothing except the active theme, and changing it to Twenty Twelve theme simply fixes all your problems, then that’s about as clear an indication as humanly possible that the theme you had is the source of the problem.”

Raghavendra

I understand how you feel in this case. Many plugins are tested with basic themes like Twenty Twelve theme and that’s about it. Your expectation is reasonable and that’s the reason why I did spend the time to investigate it. Beyond this, honestly I will need to look at the plugin code to see where the issue is and the developer of the plugin is more equipped to do the same. Hope they can resolve this. Else, pls let me know and I will give another try.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘Agile Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.