Text alignment in custom heading

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    elaine

Hello,

Can you elaborate how to use the code to left align text in the custom heading content, but not to the browser width extent?

Utilize [segment] shortcode to constrain the content to 1140px grid. The default is for content to span the entire browser window width.

I’m trying to create a contact page which uses the template contact page but without the sidebars. This is the result.

livemesh
    Keymaster

This is a bug that sneaked into the latest update. This has been fixed and will be part of next update. Meanwhile, pls use the following code –

#custom-before-content-area {
    padding-left: 20px;
    padding-right: 20px;
    max-width: 1140px;
    margin: 0 auto;
    }

Paste the above CSS into Custom CSS tab in theme options panel or into custom.css file. Thanks

elaine

Thanks for the super quick response 🙂

livemesh
    Keymaster

Well – I take that back. It is not a bug but intentional change from my side after someone wanted the header to span the entire width. Basically, they wanted revolution slider as the header for the page and the earlier change was limiting the width of the same. Revolution sliders usually span the entire width and you manage the centering of the content with the settings panel for rev slider.

Hence, I made this change and left the user with the “warning” – Utilize [segment] shortcode to constrain the content to 1140px grid. The default is for content to span the entire browser window width.

Flexibility comes a slight cost though. You need to do the centering of content yourself now and you just use [segment] shortcode as described in the contextual doc. So your header content would look like this –

[segment]

We do good business.

Your words.

[/segment]

instead of just this –

We do good business.

Your words.

Basically you wrap the content inside the [segment] shortcode. I see that you already made the earlier suggested change. I suggest you let it be there unless you see a situation where you need to add a custom slider or something to top of the page. An update won’t disturb the custom change you made. Sorry for the confusion.

elaine

I did try the add [segment] and [/segment] either side but I ended up with a taller header image with the text still left aligned to the browser.

The custom css works.

Thanks for the explanation!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Enigmatic Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.