Testimonial Background

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    GWS

HI there

In the demo you have testimonials section with a background image.
    Would you be able to tell me how to achieve this affect? (see image)

I am now using the single page layout on multiple pages.

Meteorite helped me on another issue with Testimonials here:
    https://www.livemeshthemes.com/support/forums/topic/testimonials-custom-post-type/

So not sure how if or how that complicates things.

Thanks for your great support.
    Kind regards
    GWS

PS Still no notifications

Raghavendra

You will need to wrap this in [segment] shortcode like this –

[segment id="testimonials" class="example" background_color='#374a4e' background_image="http://example.com/example.jpg" parallax_background="true" background_speed="0.6"]

I would request you to load and have a look at the sample data. Helps speed up development quite a bit.

Have setup email on the forum. Just testing a few things. Should be functional in few hours, if not already.

GWS

Thanks Meteorite

Tried to install sample data but it didn’t work fully for some reason.

GWS

Nexus

This happens in some of the hosts. You may have to import the sample data multiple times till you can see the success message. But I see that you have already done lots of work. So I would recommend you create a local installation and load the sample data, just to get an idea of the shortcodes we have used in our demo site.

GWS

Great idea Nexus. Thanks

GWS

Hi Nexus and meteorite,

The solution above for background with testimonials…

[segment id="testimonials" class="example" background_color='#374a4e' background_image="http://example.com/example.jpg" parallax_background="true" background_speed="0.6"]

That worked great. However, because segment is used, the section extends to only 1140px, instead of the 1220px, which is the width of the boxed layout.

is there a way to eithe increase the width of segment from 1140 to 1220, or would it be best to reduce width of page from 1220 to 1140? And how /where can the best solution be achieved? Best as in, the solution that wont mess up all other template elements.

Thanks guys, your support has been awesome.

regards
    GWS

GWS

Looking at the demo – When switching from full width to boxed layout, the testimonial section does extend to the 1220px width, instead of the 1140px, your documents says it does.

Confused…

Nexus

Pls reply as a private message here with the site URL and a temporary login to the WordPress dashboard and I can take a look. Thanks!

GWS
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Nexus

I went ahead and changed the page template to Full Width from one column no sidebar and put your content inside a segment as well. Now it looks fine I guess. Let me know.

Besides, the segment will only span full width for certain page templates only. Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Appdev Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.