Team template

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    suomi
    Participant

Hi,
    I would like to know if we can have the same team representation with the Peak theme that you did with the Invent theme (https://www.livemeshthemes.com/invent/staff/)?

I have the idea to not use the team profiles section but more the portfolio section to have the same layout representation of the team. To change the personal staff page could you confirm that I should modify single-portfolio.php? Thanks for your feeback.

Suomi

Veena

Sorry this is not possible. The styles of peak theme is different from invent theme and each theme has its own features and styles so we can’t adapt the same styles in to peak.
    But you can try using the show_post_snippets shortcode for teams like below –

[show_post_snippets id="team" post_type="team" post_count=6 image_size='medium' excerpt_count=85 display_title=true show_meta=true display_summary=true show_excerpt="true" hide_thumbnail="false"]

suomi
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Raghavendra

Actually the template for portfolio is different than for the rest of the post types like Team. I assume you are asking how I can customize the page for a single team member. If that is so, at present the theme does not let create separate pages for team members. If you need it to, you will need a small code change in livemesh tools plugin which will create a page for each team member. Pls change line number 118 in includes/register-post-types.php file to

register_post_type('team', array(
                'labels' => $labels,
                'public' => true,
                'show_ui' => true,
                'hierarchical' => false,
                'publicly_queryable' => true,
                'query_var' => true,
                'exclude_from_search' => true,
                'show_in_nav_menus' => true,
                'menu_position' => 20,
                'has_archive' => false,
                'menu_icon' => LM_URI . '/assets/images/admin/users.png',
                'rewrite' => true,
                'supports' => array('title', 'editor', 'thumbnail', 'page-attributes')
            ));

Pls have a look at the default page for team member and let us know if that meets your needs. You may need to customize it a bit for the same.

Alternatively, you can populate all team members information via HTML without having any page created for each team members. Basically, all team member information including description for individual team members will be in a single page as a grid. If that meets your needs, do let us know and we can help come up with something based on what you see in Home page 2 of demo site for peak.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Peak Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.