Tag posts on front page

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    frephraim

I would like to add a certain number of posts with a certain tag to the front page below the slider. However, I have these two stipulations:

1. I want them to appear in the same format as they do on the regular blog page, not as they do in the summarized form using shortcodes.

2. I want the posts to be gathered from any post format – regular post and portfolio, particularly.

Thanks!

frephraim

Well, I just realized that there is no option to add tags to portfolio items.

Is there a way to add this functionality, or some other way to achieve my goal? To restate: I want to be able to select certain posts and portfolios to have them displayed below the slider on the home page. I want them displayed in the way they are on the blog page (i.e. large featured images, the date in the upper left of the image, excerpt and read more button, etc.

Thanks!

Raghavendra

Although there are no tags available for portfolio, there are categories which do the same job for portfolio items. You can use a shortcode like this –

[show_post_snippets post_type="portfolio" number_of_columns=2 post_count=6 image_size='large' excerpt_count=100 display_title=true display_summary=true show_meta=true hide_thumbnail="false" terms="nature,technology" taxonamy="portfolio_category"]

and for blog posts

[show_post_snippets post_type="post" number_of_columns=2 post_count=6 image_size='large' excerpt_count=100 display_title=true display_summary=true show_meta=true hide_thumbnail="false" terms="tag1,tag2" taxonamy="post_tag"]

But regarding achieving the one column layout you want, you can modify the styling for the particular section in which you place these shortcodes.

But since your requirement is exact styling as that of blog with left date/read more button etc., I see only one option – create a new page template similar to that of template-blog.php with slider at the top (revolution slider shortcode would do), blog content which looks exactly like the regular blog and then at the bottom you would have portfolio shortcode as seen above. I see no other way. Hope this helps.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Extinct Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.