tab_slider cyrillic bug

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    AzzePis

Hi. If I’m using this shortcode with cyrillic value in data-name attribute – I get something like “ЕКВІЗИТИ / ДОКУМЕНТИ” instead of “РЕКВІЗИТИ / ДОКУМЕНТИ”

[tab_slider slideshow=false animation=slide direction_nav=false]

<ul>
    	<li id="services1" data-name="01 РЕКВІЗИТИ / ДОКУМЕНТИ">

I found the solution to fix it, hope it’s good solution. I’ve changed /austin/framework/shortcodes/slider-shortcodes.php near line 125.
    Line
    $tab_name = $slide->getAttribute('data-name');
    change to this
    $tab_name = utf8_decode($slide->getAttribute('data-name'));

Raghavendra

From my research, it looks like you have it figured out right. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

AzzePis

As I see in latest version – no changes in your code. Also, you did not use “if (!function_exists(” , so I cant override these function in child theme and I have to edit main theme code.
    In this case I” have troubles on update

Raghavendra

Sorry about missing this. Have made the change in my theme code repository to check for function existence and hence will be part of next update. Can you pls make the change in your local installation and confirm for me that the above solution works for you?

Generally, we avoid using function_exists() check for shortcodes since the user can always add a new custom shortcode by copying the code from the original shortcode but I added this anyway to help overcome this issue.

AzzePis

Thank you very much for your work.
    About tabs – yes, it works fine for me
    About shortcodes – you’re right too, but its harder to make changes if you’re using a lot of demo content and want to change a little your shortcode. In my way I dont have to change a lot of pages/posts and need just override one function, in other way – I need to create custom shortcode and after edit all content where I’m using this shortcode

Raghavendra

Have made the changes. Will have the changes as part of the update so that even if you update, you won’t lose the changes. Thanks for your help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Austin Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.