Styling Active Link

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jlebrun

I am trying to style the active link (current page item) to look a certain way (to match my hover style). Looking at the code, it doesn’t appear I can do this though, because nothing in the menu is marked as active or current page item. This is the primary menu code when I view source. Is it possible to style the current page link in this theme?

<div id=”primary-menu” class=”dropdown-menu-wrap”>

<ul id=”menu-top-navigation” class=”menu”><li id=”menu-item-5″ class=”menu-item menu-item-type-custom menu-item-object-custom menu-item-5″>Home
    <li id=”menu-item-6″ class=”menu-item menu-item-type-custom menu-item-object-custom menu-item-6″>Aveda Hair Salon
    <li id=”menu-item-7″ class=”menu-item menu-item-type-custom menu-item-object-custom menu-item-7″>Aveda Products
    <li id=”menu-item-8″ class=”menu-item menu-item-type-custom menu-item-object-custom menu-item-8″>Aveda Spa
    <li id=”menu-item-9″ class=”menu-item menu-item-type-custom menu-item-object-custom menu-item-9″>Blog
    <li id=”menu-item-10″ class=”menu-item menu-item-type-custom menu-item-object-custom menu-item-10″>About
    <li id=”menu-item-11″ class=”menu-item menu-item-type-custom menu-item-object-custom menu-item-11″>Contact

</div><!– #primary-menu –>

Raghavendra

As you can see by looking at the source for say, this page –

https://www.livemeshthemes.com/enigmatic/about-us/

there are classes like current-menu-item and current_page_item created in WordPress which lets you style the menu items when they link to the currently open page. This is how about us link in menu looks –

• About Us
    Raghavendra

Pls google for some of these classes to know more. Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Enigmatic Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.