Staff Page/Carousel Issues

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    maggii

Hi there,

My staff page is ordering willy nilly no matter what we put in the “order” section of each individual staff member. What are we missing? It is grouping people together by category, but it’s not showing them in the order we want.

I’d also like to be able to set up a staff carousel that only shows staff from a certain category. Can you give me an example of how to do this?

Also, the staff page seems to be resizing the images randomly and they are all showing up different sizes. Is there a way to tell it to size all the images the same?

Thanks!

Veena

This week itself we will release an update which has a fix for this sorting issues.

Staff Page resizing Issue –
    In Themeoptions > Layout Modes tab pls choose Staff Layout as “Fit Rows” and see if it helps

maggii

It’s set to fit rows and is still resizing images seemingly at random.

Veena

Can you pls share a link to your site with temporary login details as a private reply here?

maggii
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Veena

Here you can use carousel shortcode or post snippets shortcode.
    You need to include the selected staffs in a particular category(specialization) and use the post snippets shortcode to display the same with taxonomy and terms specified.

Example shortcodes :-

[post_snippets_carousel id="staff-carousel" post_type="staff" navigation="true" post_count=6 image_size='medium' display_title=true show_meta=true display_summary=true show_excerpt="true" excerpt_count=80 hide_thumbnail="false" navigation="true" taxonomy="specialization" terms="american-studies,chemistry"]

[show_post_snippets id="" post_type="staff" navigation="true" post_count=6 image_size='medium' display_title=true show_meta=true display_summary=true show_excerpt="true" excerpt_count=80 hide_thumbnail="false" navigation="true" taxonomy="specialization" terms="american-studies,chemistry"]

maggii

This is GREAT. Only issue is the images resize at random. Is there any way to tell it to make all the staff pictures the same size?

maggii

Also, the only text that shows up under their names is their education, even though “display_title” is set to “true.”

I’d like the carousel to display their title before their education and description. Is that possible?

Veena

Pls set Masonry layout for Staff page in Theme Options -> Layout Modes and see if there is any change.
    If the problem persists pls share the link to staff page.

Display title is the title that we are giving for that particular entry, and i can see that it is displaying when we set the display_title to true.

maggii
    Veena

I have changed staff page layout to masonry.
    Actually the uploaded staff images are of different different sizes. Pls try to upload images of same size(dimension) and then set the staff page layout to fitrows and see.

maggii

I got the theme upgrade and now I can order the staff.

We had a beloved teacher pass away recently and we have a category called “In Memorium” for him.

Is there any way to get “In Memorium” to show up last on the Categories list? Currently it’s alphabetical.

Is there any way to get the staff title to show up if I do this via Carousel so I can list a certain category of staff on a specific page?

Thanks!

Raghavendra

Really sorry to hear that. At present the I cannot think of a way to push the category to last. We may have to manipulate the array of categories returned to achieve this or may be we should just replace the same with html which has links to the categories, derived from this list and arranged as per our needs manually. Hope that makes sense.

I am not clear on the second query – can you pls elaborate a bit on what exactly you are looking for? The carousels already display the title.

maggii
    Raghavendra

Pls add this to the file framework/functions/post-functions.php file at line number 498 (latest version released) –

if ($post_type == 'staff') {

$staff_title = get_post_meta(get_the_ID(), 'mo_staff_title', true);
                            if (!empty($staff_title)) {
                                echo '
    ' . $staff_title . '
    '; } }

That should populate the title above the name of the staff, just like in the staff page.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘Invent Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.