Staff All – Pagination broken

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Oliver Hasse

Hi,

the pagination produces 404 errors on Staff/all. Staff/specilisation works fine.
    I changed slugs to turn staff into team, also I changed the label.

I attached the custom-post-types.php. It would be great if you have a look in case the pagination comes into play with this file.

regards, Oliver

Veena

Pls visit Settings->Permalinks once and see if that makes any change.

Oliver Hasse

Hi Phoenix,

1) any other ideas about my broken pagination in the staff mainpage?

An alternative for me would be to switch of the pagination completly and have one long list instead.

Also, I have two more topic about the staff sorting:

2) This is old, but the proposed fixes didn´t work so far: I need an alphabetic ordering in staff / specilisation please. i helped myself with sorting with the “intuitive cpo” plugin, but that doesn´t work at this point.

regards, Oliver

Raghavendra

Oliver –

1) Not sure why you are seeing 404 on pagination. Most errors are due to incorrect setting on Settings->Permalinks. Can you pls try using the default option there and see if that helps? Pls provide a login to the site if this does not help and we will try to debug this further.
    2) We have released an update with custom ordering support for staff. Can you pls check if that meets your need? Using Post Type reorder plugin, you can reorder your staff profiles and that order should be maintained when displaying staff links. If that does not help, pls let me know and we can help you with custom code to achieve this.

Oliver Hasse

Hi Phoenix,

1) As the site is online I would rather not change the permalinks from postname to standard. Is it possible to just switch of the pagination as a woraround?

2) I have done lots of changes in the php files, not all in the child theme. I can happily try the update, BUT do you have a list of files that have changed code compared to invent theme 1.4, so i can plan the update better?

regards, Oliver

schercka

also interested to hear about a list of changed files….

Raghavendra
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Raghavendra

Regarding pagination issue, pls post a temp login. Not sure why you are facing this. You should be able to retain the current permalink structure but wanted you to just test if changing the structure fixes the problem just to help debug the issue.

Oliver Hasse
    Raghavendra
    Oliver Hasse

The code in the htaccess is for the WP Rocket caching plugin plus the choice for the php version + the standard wp code you were pointing to. Thats it.

I disabled WP rocket and changed the code to the standard code – with no change.

Are you sure it hasn´t to do with me changeing the label from staff to team?
    Also, i ask agaion, can i turn the pagination off?

Next I would like to work on your theme update, trying to incorporate as much of my (your) custom code to the child theme as possible for easier updating in the future.

regards, Oliver

PS: and lots thanks for staying on the ball!

Oliver Hasse
    Raghavendra

I don’t think disabling pagination is a good idea since you have nearly 6 pages worth of content and there will be too many members seen when the page is loaded. You can try setting the post_per_page parameter in file loop-staff.php line number 36 from 8 to 100 or something and see how it looks.

I do not think changing the slug from staff to team should cause this error. People have done it before and faced no issues. You can change it back once, visit Permalinks->Settings once and then recheck if that resolves the issue just to know if changing the slug caused it. Do get back to me on this.

Oliver Hasse

I disabled the pagination in the child theme loop-staff.php. The result is absolutly fine for the time being. Thanks for that!

I shall work on the theme update now on my testing server and get to you on this later, but basically I like seeing the whole staff all at once.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Invent Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.