April 30, 2015 at 9:02 am #13854
the pagination produces 404 errors on Staff/all. Staff/specilisation works fine.
I changed slugs to turn staff into team, also I changed the label.
I attached the custom-post-types.php. It would be great if you have a look in case the pagination comes into play with this file.
regards, OliverApril 30, 2015 at 2:24 pm #13861VeenaModerator
Pls visit Settings->Permalinks once and see if that makes any change.May 3, 2015 at 12:25 pm #13877
1) any other ideas about my broken pagination in the staff mainpage?
An alternative for me would be to switch of the pagination completly and have one long list instead.
Also, I have two more topic about the staff sorting:
2) This is old, but the proposed fixes didn´t work so far: I need an alphabetic ordering in staff / specilisation please. i helped myself with sorting with the “intuitive cpo” plugin, but that doesn´t work at this point.
regards, OliverMay 4, 2015 at 12:32 pm #13894
1) Not sure why you are seeing 404 on pagination. Most errors are due to incorrect setting on Settings->Permalinks. Can you pls try using the default option there and see if that helps? Pls provide a login to the site if this does not help and we will try to debug this further.
2) We have released an update with custom ordering support for staff. Can you pls check if that meets your need? Using Post Type reorder plugin, you can reorder your staff profiles and that order should be maintained when displaying staff links. If that does not help, pls let me know and we can help you with custom code to achieve this.May 4, 2015 at 1:25 pm #13905
1) As the site is online I would rather not change the permalinks from postname to standard. Is it possible to just switch of the pagination as a woraround?
2) I have done lots of changes in the php files, not all in the child theme. I can happily try the update, BUT do you have a list of files that have changed code compared to invent theme 1.4, so i can plan the update better?
regards, OliverMay 4, 2015 at 2:44 pm #13906scherckaMember
also interested to hear about a list of changed files….May 5, 2015 at 1:05 pm #13921This reply has been marked as private.May 5, 2015 at 1:07 pm #13922
Regarding pagination issue, pls post a temp login. Not sure why you are facing this. You should be able to retain the current permalink structure but wanted you to just test if changing the structure fixes the problem just to help debug the issue.May 5, 2015 at 3:05 pm #13929This reply has been marked as private.May 6, 2015 at 11:34 am #13946This reply has been marked as private.May 6, 2015 at 3:10 pm #13956
The code in the htaccess is for the WP Rocket caching plugin plus the choice for the php version + the standard wp code you were pointing to. Thats it.
I disabled WP rocket and changed the code to the standard code – with no change.
Are you sure it hasn´t to do with me changeing the label from staff to team?
Also, i ask agaion, can i turn the pagination off?
Next I would like to work on your theme update, trying to incorporate as much of my (your) custom code to the child theme as possible for easier updating in the future.
PS: and lots thanks for staying on the ball!May 7, 2015 at 11:46 am #13981This reply has been marked as private.May 7, 2015 at 1:38 pm #13990
I don’t think disabling pagination is a good idea since you have nearly 6 pages worth of content and there will be too many members seen when the page is loaded. You can try setting the post_per_page parameter in file loop-staff.php line number 36 from 8 to 100 or something and see how it looks.
I do not think changing the slug from staff to team should cause this error. People have done it before and faced no issues. You can change it back once, visit Permalinks->Settings once and then recheck if that resolves the issue just to know if changing the slug caused it. Do get back to me on this.May 7, 2015 at 2:27 pm #13997
I disabled the pagination in the child theme loop-staff.php. The result is absolutly fine for the time being. Thanks for that!
I shall work on the theme update now on my testing server and get to you on this later, but basically I like seeing the whole staff all at once.
- The forum ‘Invent Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.