sort order type for page section

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Invent Theme Support sort order type for page section

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jason Keltz
    Participant

When our web site was setup with Invent, we created a separate page section which listed all the technical support staff (separate from the “staff” component of Invent). The page section includes:

[segment id="blog" background_color="#e9e9e9"]

[heading2 title="Technical Staff" pitch_text="Meet the technical team at EECS."]

[show_post_snippets post_type="post" taxonomy="category" terms="technical-staff"  number_of_columns=4 post_count=20 image_size='medium' excerpt_count=100 display_title=true show_meta=false display_summary=true show_excerpt="true" hide_thumbnail="false" ]

[/segment]

While the page displays everything okay, of course it lists it in the order of posts instead of the order we want. I tried to add:

post_ids=”6562,6568,1203,1205,6566,1201,1199,6564,1197,1186″

… because that would give me the proper ordering, but that didn’t work either. I don’t know if post_ids was ignored, or whether it lists those IDs but doesn’t listen to my ordering.

Too bad that the “staff” component can’t be used to add multiple “staff” areas with the “reordering” capability. In my case, the staff page is used to break faculty down with their respective research interests while the other page is for tech support and admin staff. It doesn’t make sense for everyone to be grouped together.

Jason.

Jason Keltz
    Participant

I was able to user the “Posts >> Re-Order” to reorder the posts on the page. Too bad it doesn’t allow reorganization by category, but it worked nonetheless.

Jason.

Raghavendra

You may be able to achieve what you need by overriding the template used by [show_post_snippets] shortcode, i.e, by copying the file templates/shortcodes/loop-posts.php to your child theme templates/shortcodes/ directory. Then add the line

'orderby' => 'post__in'

at line number 72 of the file as seen in the attached screenshot. Will have this change committed in next update to the theme since it makes sense.

Alternatively you can copy the attached loop-posts.txt file as loop-posts.php (rename) into the above mentioned folder of plugins/livemesh-invent-shortcodes plugin folder and see if the ordering works for you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Invent Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.