sliders and videos

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    J_Fluid

hi,

i need a couple of help on some things:

1. I have an arrow for the sliders, they point to the right and left. when i click on the left one, the next slider shows, which is fine. but when i click on the right arrow, it doesn’t go back to the previous slider. is there a way to fix this?

2. also the arrows are showing on the website on a desktop computer but not on an ipad, is there a code to fix it?

3. then in the app marketing video portion, it looks fine on a desktop safari but on an ipad and internet explorer browser, only half of it is showing. is there a way to make the look of the website in a desktop, exactly like that in an ipad or a different browser?

do kindly advice, thanks.

Raghavendra

Are you using the revolution slider? Can you pls post a temp login as a private message so that we can take a look at the issue? Not sure what would be causing the previous button to not work.

On iPad, you probably do not need the arrow since swipe left and right would work but I can still take a look if you provide a temp login.

Will have a look at the app marketing section too once I get the link to the page. Thanks.

J_Fluid
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Raghavendra

I had this piece of Custom CSS pasted in the theme options Custom CSS tab –

.video-toggle .video-content video {
    width: 100%;
    height: auto;
    }

which resolved the video issue.

Will have someone look into the arrow issue.

Nexus

I have inserted some custom css into theme options to make sure, the arrows are displayed in small devices.

Regarding the slide navigation. I am unable to reproduce that issue here. The slider is showing normal behavior. I have checked in Chrome, Firefox, Opera and IE as well. Pls let me know the exact issue that you are facing.

Thanks!

J_Fluid

hi meteorite and nexus,

thanks guys!
    about the slider navigation, when i click on the left button, it should slide to the left, when i click on the right arrow button, the images should slide to the right. right now, no matter what arrow i click on, the images slides to the right.

then for the app marketing video, it looks great now on an ipad but its not playing. when i view it on a desktop and my mouse hovers on it, it automatically plays but on an ipad, when i tap on it, it doesn’t.

is there a way for it to also play automatically on an ipad? also i’ve noticed that the font type is different on that portion when viewed on an ipad as opposed to a desktop.

Do kindly advice guys, thanks again for your help!

J_Fluid

also when i resize the browser window on a desktop when viewing the website, the app marketing video changes and its not showing properly. please help, thanks.

Raghavendra

HTML5 video on iPad seems to have a bug although iPhone seems to do well. The play button does not appear until you have controls attribute added to the video element like this –

The video works fine then but the desktop browser then starts displaying video controls and they don’t look that pretty in some browsers. Pls add the attribute to your video elements and see if that meets your need. Again, the iPhone seems to do fine without the above change. Strange.

Here is an article about video element issues on iPad (the article is a bit old though and hence many issues may have been solved by now) –

http://blog.millermedeiros.com/html5-video-issues-on-the-ipad-and-how-to-solve-them/

Will have Nexus look into the slider issue. I see that the slide being displayed on previous/next button button is the right one – only the animation is a little confusing.

Raghavendra

For resizing issue, pls have this Custom CSS entered into theme options custom css tab –

.video-toggle .video-content video {
    width: 100%;
    height: auto;
    }

Nexus

The slides sliding is result of the transition type selected for the slides. You can change the behavior by changing the slide transitions for each slides after you edit the slides. Hope that helps.

Thanks!

J_Fluid

hi guys,

im not really a techie so i would really appreciate it if you can do those video elements in our website. i don’t understand how i can put it in, should i just copy paste them?

our login is still the same, please help!

Raghavendra

Have put the code in the site for video elements. Pls check if this works for you in desktop and ipad.

J_Fluid

awesome, thank you so much guys!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘sliders and videos’ is closed to new replies.