Site Move / Issues

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Willthingwillthing

I recently moved our web site off of one host and onto a new one. The move of the DB and files seemed to go well, however, there are a lot of little things now wrong.

The site is galvestonbeachrevue.com and things like the responsive design, many formatting and font issues that aren’t being updated, etc.

Is there anything you’d recommend be done to alleviate some of these issues? Everything was fine before moving it over.

RaghavendraRaghavendra

Looks like many of these are resolved – I do not see any problems with responsiveness or the fonts. They all look fine. Anything specific problem you are still facing (other than the two images missing from the footer which is pointing to old domain)?

Willthingwillthing

Hi meteorite,

Most is solved, however the fonts still are not working correctly. It’s using arvo instead of weston-freeregular for the fancy titles. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

RaghavendraRaghavendra

Pls use the following custom CSS –

.fancy-heading, .fancy-heading2  { font-family: "weston_freeregular"; }

Looks like the theme has a bug wherein it is setting the Arvo font for the fancy headings but due to presence of styling in the child theme, the same was not caught. Will fix the same.

RaghavendraRaghavendra

Looks like it is not a bug per se and was intentional. Pls have a look at the following child theme style.css and pls make sure you have the appropriate styles applied to your new installation –

.fancy-heading, .fancy-heading2 { font-family: 'weston_freeregular'; font-weight: normal; }

#content .entry-title, #content .entry-title a, .comment-author cite, .header-fancy { font-family: 'weston_freeregular'; }

.contact-info .phone-label, .contact-info .email-label, #author-widget .author-name { font-family: 'weston_freeregular'; }

Willthingwillthing

Worked like a champ. For the life of me I couldn’t understand how that was getting overwritten. Thanks so much for the help!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Site Move / Issues’ is closed to new replies.