sidebar widget in Courses

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Steve Shiflett
    Participant

Thank you for your patience, I understand now how it works, and it did. Except for the “course discipline.” For some reason that is not showing up. Actually it has never shown up since the very first install. Does not even show up in any of the course samples or even on your preview template. https://www.livemeshthemes.com/invent/course/database-systems/ I need one more, so if we can get that to work great, if not, how to add another.

Veena

It was there in trash and now i have restored all the demo courses . Pls check.

Steve Shiflett
    Participant

I am not sure what you mean in the trash. Your end? Anyway, when you create a new course, the “Course Disipline” still does not show up. It’s in the .po, and shows up in the create new course page. But when you fill it in with info then click preview, it does not show. I just tried. All the rest do. Also, how do I add extra course info in the .po file (if there)?

And it still does not show up in your live preview: https://www.livemeshthemes.com/themes/?theme=Invent

I would like to add more the “Course Information”. These are all the ones I need to add.

Course Length:
    Delivery:
    Prerequisites/Advanced Preparation:
    Course Level:
    Course Fee:
    Course Hours:
    Credit:
    Recommended CPE:
    PDUs/PDHs/PDCs:
    PDUs:
    PMI Activity ID:

Steve Shiflett
    Participant

Did you find an answer to the “Call to Action”? Why it only half shows up? and how to add above course info?

Veena

Except for the “course discipline.” For some reason that is not showing up. Actually it has never shown up since the very first install. Does not even show up in any of the course samples or even on your preview template. https://www.livemeshthemes.com/invent/course/database-systems/

course discipline – is also translatable. Pls see the attached screenshot.

If you want to add more terms then you have to customize theme files.

Regarding call to action – Atpresent single course doesn’t support sidebar since it already has inbuilt sidebar.
    What you can do is just copy and paste the html generated code of “call to action” in single-course.php file at line no:67.
    Ie, just below the line –

<div class="course-information info-section first">

This you can try –

<div class="text">Don't wait. The time will never be just right.</div>
                        <a href="http://themeforest.net/user/LiveMesh/portfolio?ref=livemesh" class="action-button button transparent"><span>Register Now »</span></a>
                    </div>

Pls change the wording according to your requirement.

Steve Shiflett
    Participant

When I added the code for the button it moved the bottom of the side bar. I guess now the .php numbers do not match up with the .po? which makes me ask the question below again.

And yes, I see “Course Discipline” I found that and how to edit (in po.edit), but it still does not show up on the real page. See for yourself. Even on your demo it is not there. Also: you say to add more terms then you have to customize theme files. By adding more, how does it match up with the .po looking for certain .php #. Can you please give the name of the two files needed to customize to add the extra terms?

Steve Shiflett
    Participant

Look at your attachment, then look at mine. You see the difference between the .op and single-course.php? There is no “course discipline on the single-course.php!!! That is why it does not show up. It is not that I don’t understand it, it is because it is not there in the template. Please take your time to answer this question. We are going on two weeks now.

Veena

Can you please give the name of the two files needed to customize to add the extra terms?

First you have to add additional meta boxes in file framework/presentation/metabox-manager.php and make corresponding modification in single-course.php file.

step 1: Pls open file metabox-manager.php file . Find function function mo_build_course_meta_boxes() (at line no:356)
    and add the additional fields .
    You can check the code used for the other fields and make required addition .

step 2: And add the required codes to display the above added field values in single-course.php file .
    (like credit, room.. )

You can find the course discipline term in file metabox-manager.php file. And we are using po edit files only for the translation of strings.

Hope this clarifies.

Steve Shiflett
    Participant

Thank you Veena, I edited both the metabox-manager.php and single-course.php files and it worked great. When I create a new course now all the options are there. But when I preview the page, only six of the options show up. And not just the top six. Where can I find the sidebar file to be edited to match the other files. Thank you again for your help.

Veena

The query is not clear. Can you pls briefly explain about the issue which you are facing right now?
    How many fields you added ?

Steve Shiflett
    Participant

The very first help request on March 22 was about the same thing. You sent me to strings and poedit. I wish we could have saved all this time if you directed me correctly. I am not sure how else to ask, it seems pretty simple. I needed to add more options for the “Course Description, in courses.” Asked that on the 22nd of March. You finally told me to edit the metabox-manager.php and single-course.php files. Which I did, and it worked fine. I added four more fields for a total of 10. As you can see in the screen shot inside the course page. There are 10 fields now. But when you save the page and preview, only six show up, as you can see in the second screen shot of the actual page. Only six show up. How do I get them all to show up?

Veena

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Can you pls send me the modified metabox-manager.php and single-course.php file so that i can debug it in my local installation .

Steve Shiflett
    Participant

This site does not allow attachments of .php files? how do I send to you? I will try email.

Veena

Put the files in a zip folder and attach here.

Steve Shiflett
    Participant

sorry, here you go.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • The topic ‘sidebar widget in Courses’ is closed to new replies.