sidebar widget in Courses

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Steve Shiflett
    Participant

In the course page. On the right, how do I edit the Time, Room, Days to what I need?I found this in Comments. “It does allow you to add sidebar for pages/posts and but not for custom post types like departments/courses/staff etc. which have their custom design and hence we have not provided support for sidebar for single course/department/staff etc. The pages which list these custom post types (archives) have the option available.” So does that mean I cannot change the sidebar? I have 53 classes that need to say something different then what you have. How do I replace with a widget so I can add “register here” and other vital info? Such as CPE Hours, PDU’s, etc..

Still need help with the footer widget font size.

Veena

Yes you can change the strings to one which is suitable for your classes.

You can use a translation file (using POEdit to change the data in languages directory) to change to any string you like. If you do an update in the en_US.po (or another depending on your site language) file, you should see all the translatable strings in the strings list . You would then be able to input any alternate string of your choice there.

Pls search for “Room:” string and insert an alternate string in the translation area , save and update the changes .

– You can get information from http://www.solostream.com/blog/tutorials/translate-wordpress-theme/ about translating your site into your language.

Here you can download poedit – https://poedit.net/
    You can find the po files in peak/languages folder .

Steve Shiflett
    Participant

I do not think you understand my question. It has nothing to do with changing the language. I want to be able to edit the sidebar on the Course page. If you go to http://ksitrain.com/course/agile101/ on the right side. How do I edit Course ID, Credit, Room, Days & Timing.

Steve Shiflett
    Participant

This is what I would like to edit inside the Course page.

Veena

Yes i understand that you want to change the strings Course ID, Credit, Room, Days & Timing to something else(PE Hours, PDU’s).

This you can change with the help of translation tool like poedit.
    What you need to do is pls find en_US.po file in your invent theme languages folder and open the same with the help of poedit .Here you can download poedit – https://poedit.net/
    Then search for the string for eg: “Credit” and add an alternate string save and update the file. You are done.

Steve Shiflett
    Participant

Okay, thank you. I will learn how to do that. But please understand, the reason people buy a template is because they are not Word Press genius like you. Some of the answers you reply with might as well be Latin. I recommend that for each different question asked (and I am sure the same question is asked often) you add it to the help document that comes with the template. Thank you again for your help.

Steve Shiflett
    Participant

Okay, new problem. There is not a en_US.po file in the Language folder. There is not a en_US.po file in the whole Invent Folder. Nor is there one on the hosting site. Where do I find the file now?

Steve Shiflett
    Participant

see

Veena

Oh ok. I ll send you the file in a while.

Veena
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Steve Shiflett
    Participant

Hello Veena, I do not think you sent me the correct file. There is no Course ID, Credit, etc.. in this file. I opened up a foreign language one in the theme and it had everything in it. Not the one you sent. And what is the theme going by if it is not in the language folder to begin with?

Steve Shiflett
    Participant

I am going to have to assume the invent.pot and invent.mo are the files that should be edited. I am having a difficult time getting the strings changed. Everything I do and upload makes no changes to the template. Is there a secret? Also, when I save in Poedit I get the invent.po. Which is being used? invent.pot or invent.po? Sure wish these could be easier.

Steve Shiflett
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Veena

I am going to have to assume the invent.pot and invent.mo are the files that should be edited. I am having a difficult time getting the strings changed. Everything I do and upload makes no changes to the template. Is there a secret? Also, when I save in Poedit I get the invent.po. Which is being used? invent.pot or invent.po?

The language file i have sent is en_US.po file, you need to put that files (both po and mo file) in your themes languages folder. And open the po file with the help of po edit software update and save the file then you ll be able to see the strings related to invented theme. you are supposed to make changes in en_US.po file.

Veena

Will get back to you in a while regarding sidebar widget.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • The topic ‘sidebar widget in Courses’ is closed to new replies.