Sidebar support in single-portfolio page

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Agile Theme Support Sidebar support in single-portfolio page

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    gesca

Hi,
    I need to disable/hide the “Project Details” column and add support in the admin section to add a custom sidebar to a single portfolio item.
    I would like to replace the “Project Details” column with a custom sidebar managed directly from the portfolio item editor as in the attachment.
    Is it possible for you to send me a modified code to support this?

Ernesto

Hi! Could you please send us a link to your webpage so we can provide you with the exact code you need?

Cheers!

gesca
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Ernesto

Hi! You can check all the information regarding the addition of custom side bars in the corresponding section of your Theme Documentation. Is there any specific doubt that you have?

Cheers!

gesca
    Raghavendra

Pls add

at line number 114 of single-portfolio.php file.

Also make changes to framework/presentation/sidebar-manager.php file at line number 179 to assign portfolio sidebar to single portfolio items –

if (is_tax('portfolio_category') || is_post_type_archive('portfolio') || mo_is_portfolio_page() || is_singular('portfolio'))
                    $suffix = 'portfolio';

One last change- pls remove portfolio string from line number 186 of framework/presentation/layout-manager.php file so that the portfolio items take default layout of having sidebar.

gesca
    Raghavendra

Have you tried putting some items into portfolio sidebar in Appearance->Widgets screen and see if they show up in the single portfolio? Do you really need a custom sidebar there or just the portfolio sidebar will work? Pls let me know before I look further into this.

gesca

OK, adding widgets to the Portfolio Sidebar did the job 🙂 Thank you very much

What I need now is to hide the “Project Details” column and use all the available width for the content of the item.
    If I simply comment the code that draws the column (between the tags <aside> … </aside>) I cannot reclaim the freed width for the left side of the content.

Raghavendra

You can just remove the ninecol class from line 30 in single-portfolio.php file. You can also remove the line 49 to 94 if you do not need the sidebar. Better to create a separate single-portfolio.php file in the child theme for this purpose to override the one in parent theme if you want to retain this change for future. Thanks

gesca

Thank you very much, everything is looking as expected now! Great support!

Raghavendra
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Agile Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.