Showcasefilter doesn´t show the hole content

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Agile Theme Support Showcasefilter doesn´t show the hole content

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    SULACO

Hi,

i have a problem with the portfolio. I use the single-page. When I am on the portfolio-section and chose on of the category-buttons at the top of it, I don´t see the hole content of the category in the single-page. When I switch to the “Standalone”-category-page I see the hole content.

Here is the link:
    http://sulaco-graphics.de/redesign/

So, what did I wrong?

Ernesto

Hi, unfortunately, I can’t check anything on your uploaded page. Is there a chance that you can create a temp login so I can enter the Dashboard myself?

SULACO
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Ernesto

Hi, I need administrator’s role in order to be able to check the configuration on each page (with the current level of permission I cannot access config in pages, only sort them)

SULACO

Good morning Ernesto,

I have changed your level to administrator’s role.

Nexus

Hi,

The login doesn’t work anymore.

But as far as I see there is no issue at all. You can only filter by category those items that are displayed in the page. The button won’t get any items from the portfolio belonging to that category. For what you are asking, you will have to create a seperate page with “Filterable-portfolio” template like this https://www.livemeshthemes.com/agile/filterable-portfolio/ .

SULACO
    This reply has been marked as private.
    SULACO

Hi Guys,

I have updated agile because i thought, it could fix the problem with the showcase. But it doesn´t work. The problem still exists. Any ideas how I can fix it?

And now theres another mistake. I use BackWPup for my backups an now get the line in top of the site:

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘enable_autobackups’ in /var/www/web1936/html/redesign/wp-content/plugins/wp-database-backup/wp-database-backup.php on line 311

Regards

Ernesto

Hi, could you set up the page as you previously had it so we can check the problem live?

The warning issue is being caused by the plugin, not by the template. Check if the plugin is compatible with WP latest update.

SULACO

Hi Ernesto,

I have now set up the page as I previously had it and deleted the plugin.

Ernesto

Hi, for some reason I cannot seem to be able to get a visual on the portfolio.
    However, I would strongly recommend that you worked with a filterable portfolio to achieve what you want.

SULACO

Hi Ernesto,

I already have a filterable Portfolio (http://sulaco-graphics.de/redesign/filterable-portfolio/) and it works fine. But that is not what I want because it´s not part of the single page. So it must be possible to get the same content/function working inside the single page. Why does it work fine with filterable portfolio but not with the portfolio page section? As you can see there must be some kind of filter in the potfolio page section because all categories (Architektur, Industrie, Produkte, Videotrainings) have only on example inside instead the hole complement. Only category “advertising” has two examples inside.

That´s the code of the portfolio page section:

[segment id=”portfolio-section”]

[heading2 style=”text-align:left;” title=”Portfolio”]

[show_portfolio number_of_columns=3 post_count=6 image_size=’square’]

[/segment]

So, is it possibly to get the portfolio page section work like the filterable portfolio?

Ernesto

Hi! Unfortunately, the template’s portfolio are prepared to work in this way, like shown in the demo. If you want, you can look for a freelance developer to set up a code of a different portfolio for you. Let us now if you have any other questions!

SULACO

Hi,

okay, changed it the way that I use the filterable portfolio on a seperate page, unfortunately. But for my understandig I have to ask if the way the template should work or is it a bug? As you can see in the screenshots there are know some categories without any content in the portfolio in the single page. In this case its the category “Architektur”. But in the category in the separate page you see the hole content of the potfolio Architektur. It seems a lit strange to me, that there isn´t any content in the single page.

Nexus

Hi,

This is not a bug at all.

This is happening because in the home, you are using a shortcode that gets the latest 6 projects from the portfolio irrespective of the category they belong to. Since you are seeing only 6 portfolio items, it is possible that few items from some categories will not be displayed. If you want more number of portfolio items, to appear in the single page so that the filtering can work reasonably to your liking then pls change the post_count value to a higher one like below

[show_portfolio number_of_columns=3 post_count=12 image_size='square']

Besides, I went ahead and changed just that. You can see that in your homepage that now there are 2 items from the architecture category.

Note: The shortcode only gets latest items from the portfolio and the filter only filters the items that are already pulled in. The filter buttons will not pull any more items from the portfolio (if you think that it is some kind of AJAX, then no) but will only filter the items that are already there in the homepage.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘Agile Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.