show_gallery shortcode not expanding image

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Invent Theme Support show_gallery shortcode not expanding image

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    productboi

Hi I am using the [show_gallery number_of_columns=4 post_count=200 image_size=’small’ filterable=true no_margin=true] shortcode for the gallery, but when I click on an image it opens the image in a new page.

How do I get it to pop up in a lightbox?

I need to display ALL the images (150) in a filterable gallery with a pop up on click (or when you click on expand)

Raghavendra

Probably there is a script error of some kind on the page. Can you pls post the page link as a private message here pls?

productboi
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Raghavendra

Just wanted to know if you have made any code changes in the original theme or have overridden any methods/functions in the child theme. Things are looking a little different here and hence wondering. Also, pls disable all plugins once and see if the error goes away. There are a lot of plugins loaded presently including the one named Lightbox plus colorbox.

productboi

I have not changed any and also it does not work with plugins disabled.

productboi

I deleted all colorbox plugins (was using them to try correct this error)

Deactivated ALL the plugins… not working.

The pop ups work on other galleries… just not on the filterable galleries

productboi

deleted the theme. installed from a fresh download… same issue.

productboi

update: the sortcode I was originally using has also stopped working.

I am banging my head against the wall here.

Raghavendra

The installation looks good. Only issue I am seeing is that the shortcode breaks once the number of posts reaches beyond 80-90 items. Probably there is an error on the backend which is causing this – may be lack of resources. Can you pls check the error log in the root directory of the wordpress installation and tell me what error is recorded there.

I would recommend going with pagination (page template galery) to handle large number of items performance wise (like this page – https://www.livemeshthemes.com/invent/gallery/ and it has links to gallery categories at the top and these category pages are paginated again). Loading 200 images can make people wait and can lightbox can run into issues loading so many images. Not very user friendly I guess.

Or create multiple pages using [show_post_snippets] shortcode for multiple categories. The category name should be gallery_category and not portfolio_category as entered in the page. There is a working example on your page presently. It is located below [show_gallery] shortcode.

productboi

how do I randomise the images, this would solve the number limitations

Raghavendra

What do you mean by randomizing? Are you referring to sampling? Pls clarify.

Also pls have a look at this powerful plugin Essential Grid by ThemePunch. It can help in your case –

http://codecanyon.net/item/essential-grid-wordpress-plugin/7563340

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Invent Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.