Shortcode double quotes issue

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    davidzoppi

I just updated to WordPress 4.4 and something strange happened with my app slider. A few of the icons went missing and the text beneath the icons had quotes around them. I looked at the code on the live page and for some reason WordPress was rendering two sets of quotes around the shortcode parameters.

For example:

The shortcode in the editor:
    [tab_slide tab_icon=”icon-uniC4″ tab_name=”Discover”]

However in the code, the parameters appear with double quotes, causing it to show up improperly.
    “”icon-unic4″” and “”Discover””

The odd thing is that it only occured on a few of the icons, but the first couple weren’t effected, even though they were using the same shortcode. I was able to solve it by simply taking out the quotes in the shortcode so it read like this:

[tab_slide tab_icon=icon-uniC4 tab_name=Discover]

I am wondering if this fix is sufficient? In the documentation, it shows to use quotes in the shortcode. Is this problem due to the WordPress update?

Raghavendra

Can you pls retype the quote by hand and see if that resolves the issue? Looks like there are two types of quotes in the original shortcode and opening and closing quotes do not match actually. May be WordPress is a little more strict on this in the new version.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Fusion Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.