Shape overlay for Portfolio items?

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Extinct Theme Support Shape overlay for Portfolio items?

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    brotskybee

Again, really enjoying this theme. Just trying to add some styling features for my own layout needs. I would love to add a shape overlay to the portfolio items on my homepage, namely a hexagon. I’m just not certain which file has the layout for this area in order to play with it.

This is basically what I want to accomplish.

livemesh
    Keymaster

Glad you like the theme and thanks for your purchase! For portfolio items, pls have a look at the file style.css in the theme directory.

The hover styles are located starting from line number 150 of this file.

The image styling is around line number 499. Also, to speed up your customization efforts, I would recommend that you have a look at Chrome developer tools or Firebug as explained here –

https://www.livemeshthemes.com/support/forums/topic/how-to-fix-a-few-styling-issues-instantly/

brotskybee

Yes, I already use Firebug. Thank you. And this isn’t simply a hover effect that I’m trying to create. I’m trying to place the portfolio items INSIDE another shape via divs, but I’m having some trouble locating where the excerpts code is located (which file) in order to begin working on this.

livemesh
    Keymaster

Oh, I thought you were asking for the styles, my bad. You should be looking at the function mo_display_portfolio_content_grid_style() at line number 415 in the file framework/functions/blog-content.php for all portfolio content.

But I guess in your case since you are customising the thumbnail, you are better off looking at the file framework/functions/thumbnail-functions.php which is called by earlier file through the function call mo_thumbnail(). It’s going to be a little bit of work to understand how this generic code works but I guess you can figure it out with some effort. Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Extinct Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.