Separate Staff and Board Profiles

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Invent Theme Support Separate Staff and Board Profiles

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    artifex323

Hello! Is there any way to categorize the staff page? I have staff profiles made for my staff and for my board of trustees for example.. and need them to be displayed on different pages rather than all together in one page. But creating a staff profile puts them all together obviously. Is there a way to make this happen?

This was a question I wrote on the comments of themeforest.net but needed more help, so I’m replying here.

I appreciate it!

artifex323
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Veena

Kindly provide admin rights.

Also pls give a URL for the menu links About and Human Resources so that you will be free from further issues.The theme expects every menu item to be a link just like WordPress does by default(unless you hack the menu to remove the link)

artifex323
    Veena

Pls provide admin rights.
    Currently we are unable to check the pagesection in which you have entered the shortcode. And also pls provide the specific link to the page/pagesection.

artifex323
    Veena
    artifex323

Thank you for the response, I’m not sure what you’re showing me here. The rows of the profiles got smaller and all of their images are cut off and it is only showing certain profiles. I’m not sure what we fixed?

Veena

You need to include the selected staffs in a particular category(specialization) and use the post snippets shortcode to display the same with taxonomy and terms specified.

I can see that you have created 2 categories- Administration and Board of Trustees. If you use staff template all the staff profiles will appear in one page.
    Inorder to avoid that you can make use of postsnippets shortcode with taxonomy and terms specified.Thus you can categorize the staff page.

In this page – http://www.acheedu.org/administration/i have inserted shortcode like this –

[show_post_snippets id="admin" post_type="staff" navigation="true" post_count=6 image_size='proportional' display_title=true show_meta=true display_summary=true show_excerpt="true" excerpt_count=80 hide_thumbnail="false" navigation="true" taxonomy="specialization" terms="administration"]

In the above shortcode i have given terms as “administration”, like this you can create another post snippets shortcode with another category(specialization) say board-of-trustees and show it as a different page.

Hope this makes sense.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Invent Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.