Scrolling Segment, custom JS and images

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Appdev Theme Support Scrolling Segment, custom JS and images

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi,

Firstly, GREAT theme! I’ve only just started using it but seems really well put together.

I have a few questions which I couldn’t answer from looking around:

• Is there any functionality to set a segment (or any other element) to stick to the top of the page, when you scroll down?
    • If not, is there somewhere I can add custom JS without extending the code?
    • Can you tell me where you sourced the images for the features on the home page, such as the auto sync images (computer, red arrows and phone) and the scheduled auto backups (cloud, lightning and clock)? I would like to use more of them.

Thanks in advance, and once again, great job! 🙂

livemesh
    Keymaster

Glad you like our theme and thanks for choosing it to power your site.

To make a segment or an element to stick to the top, you won’t need JS and can manage with CSS. You can have have a look at CSS for the sticky menu. Or use something like below to your element ( you will need to disable sticky menu I guess) –

#features-segment {
    position: fixed;
    top: 28px;
    z-index: 30;
    width: 100%;
    background: #DDD;
    }

Hope this helps.

livemesh
    Keymaster

Hi,

I used most of the icons from this premium icon pack. http://www.webalys.com/minicons/index.php

Thanks!

Thanks for your prompt reply. I don’t think I explained myself very well, I need an element (segment) to stick to the top when it reaches the top of the page after scrolling, something I think you can only do with JS and using the scroll event.

Don’t worry if there isn’t a place to add custom JS, I’ll extend your main JS file and write it there.

Thanks again.

livemesh
    Keymaster

I get it now – makes sense to me. This is the best solution I know which provides the smoothest possible effect by adding the required placeholder to create the sticky effect without a sudden jump in the content towards top. I use this myself for Appdev sticky menu and hence you don’t have to even import any new scripts –

http://imakewebthings.com/jquery-waypoints/shortcuts/sticky-elements/

Hi,

That worked a treat. Thanks for your help! I’ll send you a link when the site is complete.

Oliver

livemesh
    Keymaster

Glad it worked. Will look forward to the link. You can email me the same when ready. Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Scrolling Segment, custom JS and images’ is closed to new replies.